Subject: Answers by WWG regarding the Shadow Boss rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a small conversation with WWG at facebook:

1. The heist ability of the thief is useless vs. the shadow boss because he has no discard pile (he sacrifices all of his cards) and there is no other use for it, correct?

1) it's not completely useless: you could stun a champion in front of Tibus, which would then go to his discard pile. Then you can Heist it.

2. If I face the shadow boss and the market deck is empty, what happens (same question regarding a regular match)? The market deck isn't refilled (for example the sacrifice pile could be shuffled and form a new market deck) and stays empty, correct?

2) If the Market deck runs out against Tibus, shuffle the sacrificed cards and make a new Market Deck. (Note: this is not for the normal game. You just keep playing in the normal game.)

3. What if the shadow boss draws several blue/guild cards, is the faction ability only triggered for the first card or multiple cards? If the faction ability applies for each card this could lead to a massive chain of cards and a lot of people are wondering if they play it correct.

3) Yes, you can "chain" blue cards for massive amounts of damage. This is intended- sometimes Tibus hits a massive streak and destroys people: that's his equivalent of "getting lucky"

I hope this helps some people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wasser
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I guess it depends on what you mean by "helping".
He'll be way harder now that I'll be playing by the real rules. I had interpreted the rules to mean that the blue ability only added the second card's combat, not its color ability too.

Thanks for posting their answer nonetheless!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dorsett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you need a character pack to play against tiberius then? I've never played with faction abilities triggering on subsequent revealed cards (i.e. via the blue faction ability) and I still lose most times (using the regular starting decks).

What are other peoples experiences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are talking about Tibus
James Tiberius Kirk was a captain of a space ship and an even more famous Tiberius was a roman emperor.

Both had an upper management position as Tibus does

You can face him with/without a hero there is no explicit rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dorsett
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha. Touche - I do indeed mean Tibus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.