Subject: Expansion Ideas? Cobbles? Time Trials? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Jones
United States
Greer
SC
flag msg tools
Still haven't received my preorder yet. I've been patiently waiting on funagain. In the meantime, I've been thinking of expansions already. What are some things you all would love to see? I'm thinking cobbles! Not sure how you would implement them, maybe a -2 affect on every card and only one lane? What is everyone's thoughts? Also, team time trial possibly? This could be done by only being able to draft off of your own team mate? Any other ideas out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Believe cobbles is on it's way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where does Rene get all his information.....he is always in the know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Jones
United States
Greer
SC
flag msg tools
Slotracer wrote:
Believe cobbles is on it's way.

Yes! Now I just need my game to be on it's way. Do you know how the cobbles work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Harding Granerud
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Early Flamme Rouge prototype
mbmbmbmbmb
Cobblestones were first tested almost 2 years ago. I can't guarantee it will stay the same, or ever get released (publisher needs to sell all available copies and more first). I've tried to keep rules to a minimum, using the physical layout/graphics to communicate it instead.

Cobblestones are sections of ~8 to 12 long, one lane wide, and with side winds (no slipstreaming).

Team trial has already been designed as a promo card, that I hope we'll be able to put out there. 2/3 of a stage with 2/3 of the cards, no blocking and only slipstreaming to your teammate.

Happy racing
Asger Granerud

PS Rene stays in the know because he ready everything here AND follows the FB page https://m.facebook.com/FlammeRougeBG/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jere Kasanen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AsgerSG wrote:
Team trial has already been designed as a promo card, that I hope we'll be able to put out there. 2/3 of a stage with 2/3 of the cards, no blocking and only slipstreaming to your teammate.

As some of you have already noticed Time trial promo is already available in the Man vs Meeple KS campaign as a perk - so eventually it'll come out as official Promo item.

Hard racing!
Jere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

For extra realism, how about doping cards? They cause inexplicable improvements to your performance, but you're disqualified if caught using them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh dear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about puncture ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Run out of cards before the end? You punctured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I stop the race as soon as the first rider cross the finish line, it has never happened to me, nor to my dummy opponents.

Here's what I'm planning to try :
When the space you must move to is fully occupied, you choose between :
- you move one less space (normal rule)
- you don't move because of puncture. Your card is not discarded but returns onto the top of your deck (you'll have it for the next turn), you can't slipstream (and no rider can thanks to you), you can't get an exhaustion card since you don't move.

Edit

Forget it. After a few races, I think it's not a good idea. It's almost always better to move than to stay on site.

Edit 2

I'll try this :
When the space a rider must move to is fully occupied,
1- he moves one less space (normal rule)
2- he slipstreams (eventually)
3- he punctures : on the next turn, this rider will play his card after all other riders will have played theirs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Peeters
Belgium
Zwijndrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jkasanen wrote:
AsgerSG wrote:

As some of you have already noticed Time trial promo is already available in the Man vs Meeple KS campaign as a perk - so eventually it'll come out as official Promo item.

Hard racing!
Jere

I'm backing MvM just because of this promo! My groups and I are in love with this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.