Subject: Start Up / Kansas City Card RH-161 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Bolduan
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!

I thought i know the rules so far. But then the card in the title of the Forum appears.

The card effect:
Leadoff: If this is your first card played, Homerun

No Hit Boxes

My question:
What sense has this card? I mean if this is my first played card, there are no batters or base runners? Why i should play/buy this card? Nobody can get to the home base?

Thanks for answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an immediate home run, so you score a run as soon as you play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Martin.

To further clarify the card, if you play this as your first card in the mini-game as either home team or visiting team, you will get an immediate home run - score 1 run on the Runs Scored Track.

If you do not use it as your first play, then you can use it as a Pinch Hit opportunity (it has a PH symbol).

Otherwise, no use at all!

Go Wiffle!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite cards. It also gives you the excuse to sing this song to bother the people you're playing with a little.

You should also double-check your understanding of all of the other Lead Off cards (mostly singles - there's also a Lead Off double) to make sure you're understanding how to use them properly. I have a feeling there may be a problem there.

Hey! Why not get the app to straighten out all the rules questions? I'm not German, but my family is from Austria so you would almost be supporting a fellow "landsmann".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Bolduan
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Wow thanks for this ultra fast replys!

So an immediate Home Run don't need a placed figure?

(It is really hard to get into the rules, I think. Are there any other little mistakes often done? And wich mistakes are this?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play Start Up, you get a point right away. You don't need runners/pawns.

The #1 biggest mistake that everyone seems to make is on Clutch hits. The baserunners always move +1 base even if they are slow (white).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.