Battles of Napoleon: The Eagle and the Lion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rank Bonus when attacked on the flank rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tobi and Evi Team Wuerfelkrieg
msg tools
Hello!

First, please apologize my bad english.

Now my topic: I do not understand the passage about the rank bonus when shooting at a unit's flank:

"The rank bonus of a unit attacked on the flank may be counted differently. If the attacked unit is infantry (in line or in column), or cavalry, the unit is counted to have as many ranks as the number of stands crossed by enemy fire (for example, a non-reduced infantry unit in line is considered as having 2 ranks, a 3-figures cavalry unit is considered as having 3 ranks, etc.)." (page 33 of the rule book)

Why just 2 ranks when in line? Shouldn't it be 4 ranks? Because there are 4 infantrymen in 1 line? Just as like the cavalry who are 3 in 1 line have 3 ranks?

I hoped to get it when I read the english rules (my game is in german) but it did not help. In the german rules it is even worse, there it says that a 4-figures cavalry unit has 3 ranks, this completed my confusion..

Thanks for your help!
Evelien

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.