Leaving Earth» Forums » Rules

Subject: few questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Global Nomad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
The 16th century São João Baptista, also known as Botafogo (Spitfire) was a Portuguese galleon warship considered the most powerful warship in the world at the time.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When Manoeuvring, I assume you can move to locations not necessarily adjacent as long as they can all be completed in one year correct ? But is not possible to cross locations which require more than one year in one go (adding the respective times of each location course) correct ?

2. When we have several capsules do we need to assign specifically the astronauts when determining Life Support, or we take the total number of seats and reassign after the result of Life Support ?

3. The Docking Manoeuvre is supposed to be in space, but I do not see in the rules that it is not allowed in Mars for instance).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry L
United States
Stockton
California
flag msg tools
He who games with the most dice wins.
badge
Up with goats! Down with sheep!
mbmbmbmbmb
mpires wrote:
1. When Manoeuvring, I assume you can move to locations not necessarily adjacent as long as they can all be completed in one year correct ? But is not possible to cross locations which require more than one year in one go (adding the respective times of each location course) correct ?

You can if you can find the thrust to move each step. For example, if you have a difficulty 3 maneuver followed by a difficulty 2 maneuver you have to use rockets to make the first step and then more rockets to make the second step.

Quote:

2. When we have several capsules do we need to assign specifically the astronauts when determining Life Support, or we take the total number of seats and reassign after the result of Life Support ?

Astronauts can flee from capsule to capsule. I think it works like this: Suppose you have 2 astronauts and 3 Vostok capsules. You draw 1 failure, which is fine, because you have an extra seat. Unfortunately you need to know who you are drawing for next because the astronauts have nowhere to run to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manning
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpires wrote:
Multiplr maneuvers can not be combined into a single manuerver, but you can complete each individual manuever in sequence in the same turn or year.

Quote:
For likfe support you can rearrange after the outcomes are revealed (but not for re-entry).

Quote:
3. The Docking Manoeuvre is supposed to be in space, but I do not see in the rules that it is not allowed in Mars for instance).
Mars is in space -- only Earth isn't "in space."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpires wrote:
You can initiate a manoeuvre whenever it is your turn and the craft doesn't have time tokens. You may not combine multiple manoeuvres into one for the purposes of thrust requirements though!
E.g. you can move from Earth to Earth Orbit to Inner Planet Transfer in one turn, but at that point the craft will have a time token and the next manoeuvre can only be initated after that is removed. This would involve three different thrust calculations.
Another example would be traveling to the moon: since none of the manoeuvres involved have mandatory time you can go to the moon and back in one turn. This will be at least 6 manoeuvres, each of which requires its own thrust calculation.

Quote:
The way I understand it you test which capsules have working life support and then assign astronauts, your second option.

Quote:
That's because that rule doesn't exist: You can dock on any area which doesn't prohibit it, i.e. everywhere except suborbital flight. Otherwise it would be impossible to get samples off planets/moons.

EDIT: double ninja'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Quote:
That's because that rule doesn't exist: You can dock on any area which doesn't prohibit it, i.e. everywhere except suborbital flight.

And Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.