Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is correct that Investments are reset to 0 at the start of each turn, but I cannot find this in the rules. The wording in 1.7 implies this, but I wanted to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is missing in the rulebook and all the help aids!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
John Weber wrote:

The rules do state "Players track the number of investments they have taken this turn on the track above revenue."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
John Weber wrote:

The rules do state "Players track the number of investments they have taken this turn on the track above revenue."

Not good enough. Where this belongs is one of the items under Rule 4.2, the "Refresh" phase, where it describes what happens between turns. Simply need to add a sentence saying that players need to set their investments track to 0.

That's the spot where I looked for it (and I'm sure the OP did the same), and it's the reason these clarifying questions have come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly we can make it a little clearer, and I'm not disputing that. Everything can be improved upon, and we strive for clarity in all our games. If someone can't understand the rules, then they can't play the game, and the whole reason why we make games is for folks to play 'em. So whenever we get feedback about a rule being unclear, or a situation where connecting a couple of extra dots would've done the trick, we definitely take it seriously. It helps us improve and support the game, and it helps us do a better job with other titles. So, I'm not disagreeing that you or the OP or indeed someone else may have found it ambiguous or lacking-- I'm just disagreeing with the assertion that it isn't in the rules at all.

IIRC, Cole will be rejiggering the rules to incorporate these kinds of clarifications when his schedule allows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:

IIRC, Cole will be rejiggering the rules to incorporate these kinds of clarifications when his schedule allows.

Correct. It's on my list for June .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Benson
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

It's June.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sonicwarhol wrote:
Cole Wehrle wrote:
tomrussell wrote:

It's June.

And the project is underway. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.