Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I just finished my first Thunderbirds game playing two characters "Virgil and Gordon".

I won but I'm not sure I played correctly.

So, I have some questions that I hope someone can answer:

1. I understand that specific characters are placed in specific vehicles "TB2 = Virgil, TB4 = Gordon, TB1 = Scott, etc..." but if I want to move within these vehicles I can't be the driver correct? I'm just a passenger.

2. Can I move any vehicles with just the main character in it or do I also need to be in it for it to move to a country?

3. When player received tokens can these be used by any player or just the one who received them? Let's say I have a scheme that needs 3 of one particular token and player 1 has two of them and player 2 has 1 on them. Can player one accomplish a task by taking player 2's token or does player 1 have to get a third token on his own?

4. If a scheme says go to two separate locations with specific tokens such as: Eyes in the stars - mercury = 4 determination tokens and Asia = 2 intelligence tokens, how do I win if the above questions #3 is true and one player has the 4 tokens and the other player has the 2 tokens necessary to win? Can one player go to both sites and just use the tokens from the other player since this is a co-op game?

Or does one player go to the first locations and fulfill the first requirement then the second player goes to the second location of their turn and complete the second requirement to accomplish the scheme?

5. If it my players turn "Gordon" and I need specific pieces of equipment brought to Asia, do I need to have Virgil pick Gordon up and then move to the other site and pick up all the equipment in TB2 then move to the location in question OR can I just have Virgil pick up the equipment from the island and bring them to the location, then make my way "Gordon" to the actual location using another TB vehicle?

thanks in advance!

Love the game but I want to make sure I'm playing correctly so a win will actually be a win!

Joe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bishop
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. That is just the starting setup. Any player's character can drive any vehicle.

2. You have to be in it to move it (unless a FAB card gives you an exception). The main character does not have to be in it. For example, if you need to drive TB4 you're going to have to kick Gordon out. You can move him to the vehicle you came in.

3. Only the player who received them.

4. I think perhaps where you're going astray on this is that it's not an action, or even tied to the player taking their turn. In this case, anyone can discard tokens to foil a scheme. You still can't share, but you can team up. If Scott has two determination, and Virgil two, they can collectively discard them _when they're both at Mercury_. At the same time, someone else has to discard the two tokens in Asia. This can be done on anyone's turn, though practically it's going to be as soon as the last condition is met.

5. If it's Gordon's turn, only he can move a vehicle. You'll have to get him to TB2, then he can drive TB2 to wherever it's needed. All characters, player or not, must always be in a vehicle (or location with holes for characters in later expansions), so there is always a way for a character to at least try to move on his or her turn.

Characters that aren't assigned to players are just passengers you can shuttle about for roll bonuses. They can never drive vehicles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Darth Binkly wrote:
1. That is just the starting setup. Any player's character can drive any vehicle.

2. You have to be in it to move it (unless a FAB card gives you an exception). The main character does not have to be in it. For example, if you need to drive TB4 you're going to have to kick Gordon out. You can move him to the vehicle you came in.

3. Only the player who received them.

4. I think perhaps where you're going astray on this is that it's not an action, or even tied to the player taking their turn. In this case, anyone can discard tokens to foil a scheme. You still can't share, but you can team up. If Scott has two determination, and Virgil two, they can collectively discard them _when they're both at Mercury_. At the same time, someone else has to discard the two tokens in Asia. This can be done on anyone's turn, though practically it's going to be as soon as the last condition is met.

5. If it's Gordon's turn, only he can move a vehicle. You'll have to get him to TB2, then he can drive TB2 to wherever it's needed. All characters, player or not, must always be in a vehicle (or location with holes for characters in later expansions), so there is always a way for a character to at least try to move on his or her turn.

Characters that aren't assigned to players are just passengers you can shuttle about for roll bonuses. They can never drive vehicles.

Beautiful!!

Thanks a bunch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.