Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent this by email to GMT today;

One thing I would greatly like to see in the reprint of HIS is a setup chart for each power on the back of their power cards. Setup is slowed immensely by only one person having access to the setup in the scenario at a time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Johnson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just have a couple of the setup charts copied.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I printed out the set up, and cut a piece of paper and put inside the zip lock bag with each powers counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Talonz wrote:
One thing I would greatly like to see in the reprint of HIS is a setup chart for each power on the back of their power cards.

That would make it not-a-reprint. That would make it a revised edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously? No. The game doesn't change.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the reprint come with a Mounted Map?

It seems it's started being a standard for GMT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Sample
United States
MILFORD
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The second printing came with a mounted map, along with a 3" box vs the 2" box of the original printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NOTE: 2010 & 2015 Reprints include a Deeper Box (3"), Mounted Map, Thicker Counters, and the 2-player Variant and Cards.

I cant imagine they would change that. I would guess not making it clear that the next reprint would do the same is simply an omission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
NOTE: 2010 & 2015 Reprints include a Deeper Box (3"), Mounted Map, Thicker Counters, and the 2-player Variant and Cards.

I cant imagine they would change that. I would guess not making it clear that the next reprint would do the same is simply an omission.

Yeah, for some reason I totally just missed that when I looked over the page. I guess the placement had something to say, assuming this would be mentioned closer to the bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gus I
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
I sent this by email to GMT today;

One thing I would greatly like to see in the reprint of HIS is a setup chart for each power on the back of their power cards. Setup is slowed immensely by only one person having access to the setup in the scenario at a time.

Open the Vassal or Cyberboard version of HIS, Start the correct scenario or campaign and save the start position as a snapshot. Print it out 6 times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too many covered pieces, in colour and on flimsy paper? No thanks.

Just black text on the back of a hard card piece we already use and professionally printed from the game maker? Yes please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
Meanwhile, the rest of us keep using the setup sheets for each power (and the independent forces) in the 1517 scenario with pictures of the board locations and the pieces to place (available since 2011).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat file, but again its a killer on colour ink and a flimsy bandaid solution.

Keep in mind, some of us are waiting on the p500 reprint and don't have their own copy yet, and this is the only opportunity to make little tweaks like this to improve the next one, if every so slightly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.