Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any good information on how to do a paste up? Also what is the preferred sleeve for this game? I assume I would have to purchase sleeves if doing a paste up. Any information on this would be great.

How certain are we that this expansion won't be released in English? I would love to help let the publisher know, in any way I could. Sent an e-mail to asmodee and zman, but got nothing back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sleeving isn't strictly necessary because the pasteup sheets that the designer graciously created only have the text portions of the cards. You would need to print those out, cut out the rectangles and put them on the cards. Not all of the cards need a paste-up because some of the new cards just give points. There are also new border cards with a text and a symbol side; you might want to just keep the translated cards nearby for reference and use the symbols only.

I would strongly suggest getting some A4-sized full sheet labels. They work in American printers if you specify A4 as the page size. You can find them on eBay. That way you don't have to scale the page.

I have some different sleeves I can try. Standard Euro size is the likely size but some disagree... see https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/3027696#item3...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Concord
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skovatch wrote:
Sleeving isn't strictly necessary because the pasteup sheets that the designer graciously created only have the text portions of the cards.

Thanks for the information and link. Excuse me for my ignorance on this. I haven't done this before. Wouldn't the extra thinkness be visible when looking at the cards from the side? How is shuffling possible without damaging the paste up? I thought the sleeve made that possible. Again, thanks for your help. I love the game and want to make the expansion work as best as I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
facemelt wrote:
skovatch wrote:
Sleeving isn't strictly necessary because the pasteup sheets that the designer graciously created only have the text portions of the cards.

Thanks for the information and link. Excuse me for my ignorance on this. I haven't done this before. Wouldn't the extra thinkness be visible when looking at the cards from the side? How is shuffling possible without damaging the paste up? I thought the sleeve made that possible. Again, thanks for your help. I love the game and want to make the expansion work as best as I can.

To be honest, I haven't played a game yet with my stickered expansion cards, so you may be right. The label paper is slightly thinner than regular paper. I did order some ultra-pro sleeves just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crown of Command
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Cult of the Ultra-New
mbmbmbmbmb
I pasted up my cards and sleeved with FF purple. Unfortunately, there is a problem I don't think others have discussed about. You are supposed to mix the several new goods cards with the base goods deck...but since the english version says GOODS and the german version says whatever it says in german you can easily identify which are the new cards. Anyone have any idea which sleeve will work well that has a solid back (to cover the back of the goods cards)?

skovatch wrote:
facemelt wrote:
skovatch wrote:

To be honest, I haven't played a game yet with my stickered expansion cards, so you may be right. The label paper is slightly thinner than regular paper. I did order some ultra-pro sleeves just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Valladolid
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
projectmoonlightcafe wrote:
I pasted up my cards and sleeved with FF purple. Unfortunately, there is a problem I don't think others have discussed about. You are supposed to mix the several new goods cards with the base goods deck...but since the english version says GOODS and the german version says whatever it says in german you can easily identify which are the new cards. Anyone have any idea which sleeve will work well that has a solid back (to cover the back of the goods cards)?

It is kind of a bummer how those 5 new goods cards are "marked". I'm going to try drawing from the bottom of the deck to get around it for now. I may ultimately just get solid backed sleeves, but it would ruin the aesthetic, imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Shuss
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ended up just putting blank paper on the backs of my Goods cards to fix the potential marked cards issue.

Boring solution but it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.