$15.00
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/ellison-announces-for-...
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/howard-dean-dnc-chair-...

I don't have much in the way of comments yet, don't really know anything about Keith Ellison. Howard Dean did an acceptable job during his last stint anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/ellison-announces-for-...
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/howard-dean-dnc-chair-...

I don't have much in the way of comments yet, don't really know anything about Keith Ellison. Howard Dean did an acceptable job during his last stint anyway.

I've always liked Dean, but I'd be happy with Ellison. Probably more so, just from a "looking to the future not the past" sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dean made the argument that he doesn't think someone can run the DNC while also holding an elected office (Keith Ellison is in the House of Representatives). I think that makes a lot of sense, so I'd have to favor Dean myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're Deaniac-ing all wrong. That should have ended with -argh and a lot more exclamation points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
No one cares what I think, but here goes.

The DNC chair has been held by the dominant of the warring factions of the democrat party for decades. The DNC doesn't even pretend to act in a way to benefit democrats. They are there to benefit their benefactor. The DNC was stacked for Gore, and later Kerry, against Clinton in '08, Clinton secured control to her benefit this time.

The Sanders wing supports keith, the Clinton wing supports Howard. You need to give it to a neutral party. You are probably even in denial that your party is severely fractured. It is far more fractured than you like to pretend Republicans are.

I see O'Malley wants it. He might be a good choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Nomad
Netherlands
Den Bosch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

The DNC chair has been held by the dominant of the warring factions of the democrat party for decades. The DNC doesn't even pretend to act in a way to benefit democrats. They are there to benefit their benefactor. The DNC was stacked for Gore, and later Kerry, against Clinton in '08, Clinton secured control to her benefit this time.

The Sanders wing supports keith, the Clinton wing supports Howard. You need to give it to a neutral party. You are probably even in denial that your party is severely fractured. It is far more fractured than you like to pretend Republicans are.

Koldie's right.
#SpringsteenWarren2020
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tommynomad wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

Koldie's right.
#SpringsteenWarren2020

It's a fair analysis, but giving it to a neutral party is not the only option. Trump himself just won as practically a 3rd party candidate running as a Republican. It's possible to work within the system. Which can be important when the system is too entrenched to be beaten from the outside.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.