9 Posts

Ulm» Forums » General

Subject: Versions vs languages doubts & question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francois Legault
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to bgg there are different versions of this game. The Huch & friends version has three different languages with three different sets of cards; an english one, a german one and a french one. Then another version also with the huch & friends logo but also an R&R one is about to hit the stores in america. According to bgg info this one is english only. However, the huch & friends website shows a pic of the game with both logos on the box and states the rules are included in three different languages. Can someone who owns one of these boxes testify if it is english only or if every versions is multi language, I have a feeling the info listed on bgg is wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of the game came with rules in English, French and German.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Legault
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! How many logos on the cover? Only the huch one or is there an R&R logo too on the left? And the cards? Do you have different sets of cards, multi language cards or do foreign players have to use the rules to traduce them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have three sets of cards and I believe the R&R logo is on the box. I'm not close enough to the game right now to look

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias M
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Essen, there was just one version for sale (everywhere: several shops and R&R booth): both logos, three languages. I think the version info here on BGG is correct. There are the German/English/French version (always with both Huch and R&R logos), a pure English version for the American market, and an Italian version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Pfob
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Huch and the R&R version are identical and include English, French and German box text, rules and card sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
mbmbmbmbmb
As of about an hour ago, there are 5 copies available on Amazon. Prime works with it as well.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geraint & Rhyannon
Wales
Briton Ferry
Neath Port Talbot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this thread - my copy is out for delivery now with Amazon, and looking at the tracking information it originated in Germany. I was concerned about the language dependence but your comments have helped me breathe a sigh of relief! - G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francois Legault
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huch & Friends finally answered me. You all did nicely but I still had doubts. Canadian stores received copies and they are multi lingual. Huch & Friends answered me on facebook and said there is only one version of the game, it is multi lingual and no pure english version exist. The information on bgg is wrong and i submitted the correction.

Hi, I'm waiting for boardgamebliss in canada to receive copies of ulm. According to bgg there seems to be different versions of the game. The copies sold at Essen were multi language (english french and german). I read that a pure english version was to be released for america. I live in Quebec and would like to play the game in french. I haven't preordered the game yet because I'm waiting to know if the version that will be on sale here will be english only or multi languages. R&R games have not been able to answer me yet. Can you please let me know if an english only version does exist or not? Thanks : )
6:51AM

Hello Francois, thank you for your massage and sorry for our late reply. There is one version of the ULM game. The version includes the languages german, english and french. So you can bye the game. Best regards, your HUCH! & friends-Team
Chat Conversation End

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.