3 Posts

Chaos in the Old World: The Horned Rat Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Any Way To Get This Still? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stuart Kerrigan
England
flag msg tools
Guess I picked the wrong time to buy this game. On the other hand my Fury of Dracula has appreciated in value.

Anyone know how I could get this without losing a vital organ?

I'm kicking myself, last year picked up the Horned Rat at a 2nd bring and buy and went "Must get this after I buy the main set."

D'oh!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gelb
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there's definitely a large inflation due to the recent separation of GW and FFG. Maybe in a year or two prices will come down, but its crazy right now.

If I decide to sell mine for 'almost' crazy prices, I'll let you know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T B
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

I just got both Chaos and the expansion, 2nd edition for 141 (shipping included) on the BGG marketplace. The original price for the pair was 85. I didn't think that was that bad.

In addition you can find copies of both on EBay and Amazon. Some of the online game stores also sell used or out of print games, for instance Noble Knight Games.

If I understand you correctly you already have the expansion. People are charging a lot more for the expansion then the core set so you are lucky there.

A few tips:
1) Look at all the sources I mentioned you never know where you might find the best deal.
2) Be patient, just because there isn't a reasonable deal right now doesn't mean there won't be one a week from now.
3) Remember there are two editions, better to get the 2nd with any updates included.
4) Make sure you know shipping cost. I saw a copy I thought was reasonably priced on EBay until I noticed the seller was in Canada and wanted 35$ shipping for the US.
5)The best deal I saw on the core game (which was a couple of weeks ago) was on EBay, it went in the high 70s if I am remembering correctly.

Good Luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.