BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: I need your help! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Al Z
Mexico
flag msg tools
Hello!

There is going to be a board game convention on my city, the first off its kind (well, the first one exclusively for board games) and I will give a little conference.

The topic I want to expose is to give some tips and info so people new to board games can pick a board game that will not dust off or bore their friends

We have a vast number of games noways, and people have a wide variety of tastes, so I want to list some mayor categories of board games (coop, traitor, area control, etc), themes, mechanics and so on, in a comprehensive format and way to navigate or have an idea of what to look for.

Go-to examples of genre defining games, and some advice on what games are best for certain group of people.

Most of us that have time on this awesome hobby might think some stuff is obvious but for a newcomer it might not.

I'm just a regular board gamer, been collecting them for some years, I don't sell games or have a blog, I just want more people to discover this world. So if you can help me with some advice, whats your process of picking a game to a party, buying a new one, or know some nice resources I can use to build a nice presentation I would be grateful! (and of course I will mention this site! as its a very helpful page)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out this excellent video from Shut Up & Sit Down on introducing your friends to board games for some ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Z
Mexico
flag msg tools
Yeah, I have SU&SD on my bookmarks, I surely include some of their advices

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.