Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Postpischil
United States
Merrimack
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can a player conduct a siege attack before the non-siege battles have all been resolved?

Page 4 of the rules shows a blue figure on a catapult siege field and, at the same castle, a blue figure and a yellow figure on the boat siege field. The example text says “There is a siege on the siege field ‘Catapult’… but beforehand on the field ‘boat’ a battle has to take place between yellow and blue.”

Other than this example, I do not see anything in the rules that says non-siege battles must be resolved before siege battles. Clearly, the yellow-and-blue battle must be resolved before one of those figures can attack the castle. But, going by the rules alone, without this example, the blue figure on the catapult field could attack the castle first, and lone figures on other castles’ siege fields could attack those castles.

Is the example correct to say that the blue-and-yellow battle must be resolved before the other blue figure can attack the castle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric wrote:
Can a player conduct a siege attack before the non-siege battles have all been resolved?

Page 4 of the rules shows a blue figure on a catapult siege field and, at the same castle, a blue figure and a yellow figure on the boat siege field. The example text says “There is a siege on the siege field ‘Catapult’… but beforehand on the field ‘boat’ a battle has to take place between yellow and blue.”

Other than this example, I do not see anything in the rules that says non-siege battles must be resolved before siege battles. Clearly, the yellow-and-blue battle must be resolved before one of those figures can attack the castle. But, going by the rules alone, without this example, the blue figure on the catapult field could attack the castle first, and lone figures on other castles’ siege fields could attack those castles.

Is the example correct to say that the blue-and-yellow battle must be resolved before the other blue figure can attack the castle?

I believe the blue figure in the catapult field can attack before the boat field battle. I think the example is trying to say that the blue and yellow boat battle must happen before the siege from the boat field.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.