Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Snyder
United States
Selinsgrove
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I love VPG's more recent laser cut game pieces, I'm not a fan of the new map and the colors used. So much so that I tracked down a copy of the first edition (with expansion) to play. Now I just need to see how much different the rules are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At a glance, I do not prefer the old map. Its background seems too equally bright overall to me, making it harder to focus on the key functional elements.

Old:

New (early prototype but sufficiently similar color scheme to the published version):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, as a playtester/reviewer of the 2nd edition, my vote goes to the new map. The second edition prototype that Russ posted is not what the final came out as (but the colors are the same). Through my lobbying we got Detroit moved from the middle of Canada to the Detroit River area between lakes Superior and Erie...where it belongs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim allen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I prefer the 2nd version too! The first was a major challenge due to how much had to be jammed onto it. The second larger one allowed me more room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.