Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Dueling Nobles» Forums » General

Subject: Is passive and defensive play favoured? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Attacker's advantage is being able to select the attacking and defending nobles for the duel.
The Defender's advantage is that he knows what number card his attacking opponent has played for the one-time strength boost, and so the Defender knows exactly what number card and one-time strength boost he needs to play to win the duel (or he can choose to not play a card, take the wound, and use the number card on his own next attack).

Does this mean that the Defender is favoured? As a result of this, in the first game I played, my opponent simply chose to take his resource, and not enter a duel, turn after turn. I found myself doing the same, in order to gain resources, to use for more number cards, nobles, or to switch defenders in the event of an attack. If both players are playing passively like this, won't the game soon become a defensive stalemate, with both players having lots of resources to recover somewhat after a duel. Won't this make it hard for your opponent to eliminate all your nobles, and lead to a passive but safe game? Is this a common strategy, or is it flawed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that individual battles favor the defender, *BUT* its basically impossible to win the game unless you're aggressive. Trying to pick the match ups that you can win and eliminate your opponents weaker or hurt nobles is imperative. I think that rather than saving resources and gathering cards, its more beneficial to play very aggressively and win more battles in a row to eliminate their nobles first. A 3 on 2 advantage is very strong.

In addition, you forgot that the winner of a battle immediately gains 1 resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls