United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
Unfortunately my wife loves it and it has top priority on the Tivo. So when last night's "finale" was over I was glad to be rid of it.... Till just now - the show has put the dagger into my back by going up against the American Idol season finale and taking priority with it's "after the rose" show

Ah well - I guess there's always the Lost season finale. Perhaps the Bachelor will make an episode of 'After the divorce" highlighting their failure rate of actually manufacturing "love" after four dates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
Unfortunately my wife loves it and it has top priority on the Tivo...

Just remind her that she's already very happily married and can stop looking now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bachelor was "ok" the first season, but went rapidly downhill once they started encouraging the catfights. The Bachelorette was much better as the girl typically wasnt a total sex fiend like the Bachelor guys were.

The season with Trista was pretty good actually (One of the few that lasted).

Now it's just Heroes. I may end up watching the last 5 episodes of Lost I've missed just because people are saying it's finally getting good again.

Can't wait for The Sarah Conner Chronicles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The amazing & fabulous
Australia
Sarina
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I'm sorry! I I can't quite hear you over the noise of my television playing Australian Big Brother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Haberman
United States
Painesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same problem here. I just sigh and open a book, or a game, or my laptop. Thank god it's over for now. I'm just glad there's no more:

For Love or Money
Mr. Personality
Paradise Hotel
The Bachelorette
Love Cruise
The Swan
Average Joe
Anything for Love
Who Wants to Marry My Dad?
Joe Millionaire

And many, many more...

Did you ever happen to catch Joe Schmo? It was a very, very funny spoof on reality tv shows. They only had 2 seasons, but it was a classic.

With lines like, "Will you accept this pearl necklace?", you can't miss!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Don't be humble you're not that great -- Golda Meir
mbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

Ah well - I guess there's always the Lost season finale. Perhaps the Bachelor will make an episode of 'After the divorce" highlighting their failure rate of actually manufacturing "love" after four dates.

Sweet Lost to kill the pain... cool

MU!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Schmo was great, especially the first season.

Did you ever see Superstar USA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was shocked to see another season of the Bachelor. I thought that thing burned out a long time ago.

Lost tonight! can. not. wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
habermanm wrote:
Did you ever happen to catch Joe Schmo? It was a very, very funny spoof on reality tv shows. They only had 2 seasons, but it was a classic.

I loved that show. I thought it was hilarious in how intentionally bad it was.

I didn't know they had 2 seasons. I think what I saw was the first one, but I never heard of the 2nd. Shoot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteKnight85 wrote:
habermanm wrote:

I loved that show. I thought it was hilarious in how intentionally bad it was.

I didn't know they had 2 seasons. I think what I saw was the first one, but I never heard of the 2nd. Shoot.

The 1st season was better. The second season had two "Joe Schmos" (well, one Joe Schmo and one Jane Schmo). The Joe was pretty oblivious throughout but the Jane actually started to figure it out if I recall. My favorite part was in the first episode when all the female "contestants" were all lined up and Jane asked one of the actors who was only there for the day, "So how did they find you?" and the actor responded with "My agent got me the job." The producers were freaking out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BookandGame wrote:

The 1st season was better. The second season had two "Joe Schmos" (well, one Joe Schmo and one Jane Schmo). The Joe was pretty oblivious throughout but the Jane actually started to figure it out if I recall. My favorite part was in the first episode when all the female "contestants" were all lined up and Jane asked one of the actors who was only there for the day, "So how did they find you?" and the actor responded with "My agent got me the job." The producers were freaking out.

Then I definitely saw the first season, but not the 2nd. What you described is a lot of what I liked about the show; seeing the behind the scenes stuff where they had to change things on the fly because the situations wouldn't unfold the way that they had expected them to.

I thought it was also interesting how the cast all started really liking the Joe Schmo guy, and began feeling guilty about deceiving him.

I found the whole show fascinating and entertaining, all the while wondering if that didn't speak well of me....

Edit: Fixing grammar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteKnight85 wrote:

I thought it was also interesting how the cast all started really liking the Joe Schmo guy, and began feeling guilty about deceiving him.

That was another problem with the second season. I just don't remember the guy as being at all likeable. I stopped watching pretty quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls