Far East War 1592» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question and Sugestions/Errata rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamin di Vianna
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My question regards the card "Dispatchments":
How many movements am I entitled and does sea legions follow the normal movement rules?

My suggestions/errata are:
1 - Page 6 of the English manual misspells Left Gyeonggi-Do (it's written Gyeonggi-D) in the table.
2 - On the map the Sea of Korea is misspelled Sea of Korean. Also, more commonly in English this sea is called Sea of Japan (also so in dozens of other languages). Perhaps a more neutral East Sea, as the South Koreans call it, would be preferred?
3 - On the entire map, regions on the left are called Right, and regions on the right are called left (even in Chinese). On Western cartography we usually call these "split" provinces West (left) and East (right).
4 - Dispatchments is an obsolete orthography of Dispatches, was it intentional?
5 - Many Event cards have the title, when double worded, written with upper case initials ("Imperial Stockpiles", or "Bountiful Harvest"). The card "Hidden forces" uses lower case initial on the second word.
6 - The rule book simply repeats ipsis literis the text on the Generals' cards, maybe some history background and/or rule clarifications would be more helpful?
7 - Lastly, adding the names of the cities in English, like the provinces', could also be arranged? We Westerners would definitely appreciate and benefit from such.

Kudos for this awesome game guys, I really enjoyed playing it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding "Dispatchments", I think you should assume it's just a weak version of "Move/Battle" action without the possibility to battle so up to 8 sp means move up to 8 troops following the normal rules.

I felt specially bad when I discovered your number 6 point. An explanation instead of a literal copy would've been much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.