Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Evolution: Climate» Forums » General

Subject: Did you end up with half an add-on deck you don't want? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else stuck with half a deck of the base card add-on and don't know what to do with it after getting your full replacement decks?

How about sending it to me?

I'm looking to create a stand alone deck for flight and all I need is the companion deck to the "ambush" half deck I initially received. I'd be happy to cover shipping.

PM me.

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't unwrapped the deck but the card showing on the bottom is Ambush so probably not the one you are looking for.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We asked everyone to throw away the half of the deck they received. We would appreciate it if you did that.

It was good will on our part that led us to try and solve the shipping problem as quickly as possible. Instead of taking the time to ask 593 people which half of the deck they received before sending them the other half, we decided to send everyone both halves. This is already expensive to our company because we have to print more cards. Losing out on potential sales would make it more costly.

Please don't take advantage of our good will by not paying us for our product. Thanks!


----- EDIT ----
Thanks for your prompt reply and your good will. I appreciate it.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this related to the full stand alone game or the conversion kit? I have the stand alone version of the game and have a full set of cards.

Side Note: When I pledged for Climate, I went ahead and bought the full stand alone version of Climate even though I have Climate and Flight from the previous campaign, so I wouldn't have to try to separate the Flight and Climate cards from the games. I have 2 complete copies. Evolution + Flight and Evolution + Climate.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This relates to both times NSG has been nice enough to forward a whole set of cards as a fix. Happened last year too when we got an update via Flight also.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
Is this related to the full stand alone game or the conversion kit? I have the stand alone version of the game and have a full set of cards.

Side Note: When I pledged for Climate, I went ahead and bought the full stand alone version of Climate even though I have Climate and Flight from the previous campaign, so I wouldn't have to try to separate the Flight and Climate cards from the games. I have 2 complete copies. Evolution + Flight and Evolution + Climate.


This is referring to a mistake that Nift did with Kickstarter backers in the USA. Everyone in the USA who purchased the $6 add-on (an extra deck of cards and a rules booklet) received half of the deck instead of the the full deck.

This is because the full deck of cards is shrink wrapped into two halves. The person at the fulfillment center did not know they were supposed to grab two halves for each order. Instead, that person grabbed one of the half decks at random (each half is different) and sent it out with the rest of the order.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kendrick
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
This is because the full deck of cards is shrink wrapped into two halves. The person at the fulfillment center did not know they were supposed to grab two halves for each order. Instead, that person grabbed one of the half decks at random (each half is different) and sent it out with the rest of the order.


Oh, man. #facepalm

I have to say, I am really amazed and happy with the customer support from NSG. I received my replacement deck rushed to me in the mail today without even having submitted a note.

Thank you, Dominic. Really appreciate it!

Looking forward to my first play of Climate very soon.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
We asked everyone to throw away the half of the deck they received. We would appreciate it if you did that.

It was good will on our part that led us to try and solve the shipping problem as quickly as possible. Instead of taking the time to ask 593 people which half of the deck they received before sending them the other half, we decided to send everyone both halves. This is already expensive to our company because we have to print more cards. Losing out on potential sales would make it more costly.

Please don't take advantage of our good will by not paying us for our product. Thanks!


Sorry, I wasn't trying to take advantage of your good will.

Out of respect, I will honor your request and delete this thread as soon as you let me know you have seen this post.

Thanks
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
domcrap wrote:
We asked everyone to throw away the half of the deck they received. We would appreciate it if you did that.

It was good will on our part that led us to try and solve the shipping problem as quickly as possible. Instead of taking the time to ask 593 people which half of the deck they received before sending them the other half, we decided to send everyone both halves. This is already expensive to our company because we have to print more cards. Losing out on potential sales would make it more costly.

Please don't take advantage of our good will by not paying us for our product. Thanks!


Sorry, I wasn't trying to take advantage of your good will.

Out of respect, I will honor your request and delete this thread as soon as you let me know you have seen this post.

Thanks


Thanks for the post. I really appreciate it. Feel free to leave the thread up or delete it. Either way is fine.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deleting the first post won't delete the whole thread, so probably better to just leave it intact.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
Deleting the first post won't delete the whole thread, so probably better to just leave it intact.


Anyway to delete the whole thing?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Only a moderator can do that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Currie
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Look, honey, he thinks there's honey in there!
badge
We can't all be Zheleznogorsk.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't stress about deleting the thread. Maybe update your first post to point towards Dom's reply, but it's like the second one so that's probably not even necessary. And this thread is pretty clearly titled so other folks who may wander in looking to arrange a similar thing will (hopefully) check first and find this one. That lets Dom keep more of his evening time to use replying to people asking about combining Flight and Climate.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Watson
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest leaving the thread here as an example of interaction between KS project creator, backers, and the Nift in the middle.

I think that the original poster could rename the thread, if that seems appropriate.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have a suggestion for changing the thread title?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.