$30.00
Stephen Fazio
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
In the Innsmouth scenario, I "explored a toilet" (when it comes to sanity-shattering experiences in this game, Cthulhu will forever rank distant second) and it opened a secret passage behind the bathroom. The script that followed described the whole beach behind and was narrated from the standpoint of someone who had gone through the passage, but it didn't explicitly state, "you may move one space through the secret passage" like it has always done in previous explores. Do you think this is an oversight in the app and that explore always includes a free one step of movement? Or should I follow the letter and stay in place? This is the only time I've ever explored without automatically moving into the space.

Edit: spelling

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: free move w/ every explore? (Innsmouth Scenario - milnor spoiler)
Follow the letter. A secret passage is not a door, through which many or all of the 'you may move one space into the - - " notations are found.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Fazio
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Re: free move w/ every explore? (Innsmouth Scenario - milnor spoiler)
Yeah, I can see the validity in that. I notice the "Explore" section of the rulebook does not promise built-in movement, and a secret passage makes sense as an exception. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of the lack of a free move as your character taking the time to congratulate himself for being smooth enough to discover a secret door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Fazio
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
ShaneXtopher wrote:
Think of the lack of a free move as your character taking the time to congratulate himself for being smooth enough to discover a secret door.

... in a toilet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.