Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Campbell
United States
Hesperia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been considering purchasing 2nd edition due to the fact that they have the Riad to legend app that would allow me to play this co-op with my kids... is there an argument for why I should keep 1st edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Cuz it's better.
Raise the kids with the desire to compete and succeed!!
If they are just learning you can adjust the way you play so they can do better until they learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Handrejk
Germany
Scheeßel
Deutschland
flag msg tools
“We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!” ― Benjamin Franklin
mbmbmbmbmb
You can use the first Edition with the Upgradekit in the second Edition. If you have a lot of Stuff you can check the nice 2nd Expansionpack lists wich new Leutnant expansion uses old Stuff and choose this in the App. It ist a little bit of work, but you will have more variations on every mission. ( And you can choose between more heroes )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aradraug
Czech Republic
Novy Jicin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because sometimes you want an epic dungeon delving experience. 2nd edition is good, but not nearly as epic as 1st ed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno
Ireland
Galway
Galway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beyond the rules and the silly tokens/dice, Descent is a great dungeon crawl accessory pack: miniatures and dungeon tiles are always welcome in a gaming context. Even if you don't know what to do with the stuff now, it'll be put to good use at some point, like for example to play Song of Blades and Heroes or when your kids start playing Dungeons & Dragons (5th Edition).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can combine 1st and 2nd editions into 3rd Edition, "D3e Paths of the Seekers." I've been playing this for over a year and it's awesome!

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/119007/d3e-unofficial-pla...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also if just looking for a good coop dungeoncrawlish game I'd pick Galaxy Defenders and probably even more so Sword & Sorcery (unreleased, so only speculation based on Galaxy Defenders+reading the rulebook) over Descent 2ed any day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klas Persson
Sweden
flag msg tools
There is the mod "Descent Quest" with great co-op rules. You have to buy (or print) cards though. I am playing it with two of my daughters (6&9).

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/419643/descent-warhammer-qu...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.