Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He's requesting security clearance for them as his advisors.

While his company is not in a blind trust and is still being run by his children.

It's on the news now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmb
My goal for BGG con is going to be 'no politics until I leave the hotel'.

Stories like this are why ><
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Yeah, that doesn't seem like a good idea.

Well, he's already appointed Pam Bondi to his transition staff because that $25k payout to her to drop that lawsuit wasn't enough apparently. That's who we need. More corrupt figures in the White House.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
Is he putting Aquaman in charge of draining the swamp?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
rinelk wrote:
Is he putting Aquaman in charge of draining the swamp?

Daedalus is in charge of building the wall. Just mind the minotaur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the Rs will break party ranks. I'm guessing sometime before he had Linclon's head replaced with his, but of course by that point it'll probably be too late to do much about Grand Generalisimo Supreme Leader Good at Business Best at Business Trump Blacks Love Me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
casey r lowe
United States
butte
Montana
flag msg tools
mb

uday and qusay will make great advisors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also heard he was unaware he had to hire the entire white house staff (4000 people).

I guess he never watched West wing. Or had anyone with a clue on his team.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
I've been wondering when this would come up.

That it only came up in a tangential way surprises me.

What is trump going to do with his empire? He does a lot of foreign business. The Clinton Foundation could continue to take millions from foreign entities and dems would defend her to the end. It would be wrong, but wouldn't matter much to the media.

Trump can't do that. Nor should he.

He can't turn his business over to his kids, either. Nor should he. Chelsea could take over control of the Foundation and the media and dems would defend it to the end.

Rich businessmen who become presidents in third world countries and retain their business interests? That equals corruption. If they let their brother in law run the business, there is no difference.

A blind trust may be appropriate for normal politicians who own small companies or stocks. But Trump? I'm not sure a blind trust would work well for such an empire. It might. He may have to sell his assets, and that would be viewed as corruption by many.

This is a real issue for libs to latch on to. I'm not sure any action will please them.

I'm curious how it will be resolved myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

What is trump going to do with his empire? He does a lot of foreign business. The Clinton Foundation could continue to take millions from foreign entities and dems would defend her to the end. It would be wrong, but wouldn't matter much to the media.

He can't turn his business over to his kids, either. Nor should he. Chelsea could take over control of the Foundation and the media and dems would defend it to the end.

Rich businessmen who become presidents in third world countries and retain their business interests? That equals corruption. If they let their brother in law run the business, there is no difference.

A blind trust may be appropriate for normal politicians who own small companies or stocks. But Trump? I'm not sure a blind trust would work well for such an empire. It might. He may have to sell his assets, and that would be viewed as corruption by many.

This is a real issue for libs to latch on to. I'm not sure any action will please them.

Would it displease you or just be a cost of doing business?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon M
United Kingdom
Hitchin
Herts
flag msg tools
Koldfoot wrote:

Shouldn't he have ... you know ... thought about this before he ran?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
Yeah. Wasn't like he was running for queen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, who's starting the pool as to whether or not Trump resigns before he's sworn in on January 20th when he figures out all the crap he has to do as president?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

The entire Clinton Foundation is a smokescreen Koldie.

HRC is not employed by the Foundation nor is she on the board of directors. Chelsea and Bill are. We don't know if Bill would have stood down from that role if Hillary won the election. There would be no onus on Chelsea to do so. This is completely non-partisan, no-one has raised the Eric Trump Foundation as a problem.

Now there are issues with holding high office and running a business empire. For some of the Trump businesses a blind trust could work. For example his golf resorts and hotel businesses could be run that way. The main problem would be new real estate business in which traditionally he was hands-on during the negotiation and deal-making phase. I can't see any way forwards on that other than a moratorium on Trump being personally involved in that sort of business.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
andyl wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

The entire Clinton Foundation is a smokescreen Koldie.

HRC is not employed by the Foundation nor is she on the board of directors. Chelsea and Bill are. We don't know if Bill would have stood down from that role if Hillary won the election. There would be no onus on Chelsea to do so. This is completely non-partisan, no-one has raised the Eric Trump Foundation as a problem.

Now there are issues with holding high office and running a business empire. For some of the Trump businesses a blind trust could work. For example his golf resorts and hotel businesses could be run that way. The main problem would be new real estate business in which traditionally he was hands-on during the negotiation and deal-making phase. I can't see any way forwards on that other than a moratorium on Trump being personally involved in that sort of business.

I think it's a little worse than that. A normal politician can liquidate their assets and have them invested by someone else, so the politician doesn't even know what they're invested in. That's a blind trust, as I understand it. If Trump knows he owns a golf course, it's just that someone else is managing it, he still knows that things which are good for the course make him money.

So, to answer Koldie's question, what would satisfy me is for Trump to liquidate his assets and put them in a blind trust. He shouldn't know how to use the office of the Presidency to make money for himself while in office, and shouldn't accept any other paying work.

The Clinton Foundation is a little weird because even if Hillary didn't have any direct involvement, there'd be no way to entirely keep her from knowing what would be good for it. My preference would be for her and her family to entirely cut ties with it, but, since it's a foundation which is legally required not to merely be a slush fund for the Clinton family, it is less of a problem. I know Koldie wants it to seem like that's equivalent, but it isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

Thank you for not being a hypocrite.

This is a serious problem and looks worse than HRC's shenanigans right out of the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

/sigh. People at the voting booth literally didn't give a fuck that they didn't think he was qualified to be President. Liberals can latch onto this all they want; it'll just be spun to make them look like whiners.

Nobody gives a shit how corrupt Trump's administration looks at the onset. They're all convinced that the government ought to be run "like a business" . Well, here you go. Business 101. Make sure your kids can have a good job at the "firm" if they want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

In one week I have already figured out everything Trump does will have a post about it in RSP declaring how it is racist, corrupt, ignorant or just in general making fun of it.

The libs are going to cry and throw a temper tantrum 10 times worse than anything the conservatives did over Obama. Christ, we have already had one idiotic thread where some inbred rednecks in West Virginia, probably where they have never seen a black person before, called Michelle Obama an ape on Facebook. It made news on the BBC for crying out loud. Imagine what the fuck will happen when Trump nominates a supreme court justice.

It's one thing to shit up RSP with this drivel, but ths is going to be our news cycle for the next 4 years and brainless twats who watch CNN and MSNBC will actually buy into it. We'll probably be hearing this shit in "real life" too for the next 4 years. The media is going to do everything in their power to make sure a conservative is never elected again and try to bully conservatives into submission with allegations of racism. I expect things to get far worse in this country.

Awww. They are going to say mean things about the Donald because he does things like hire a anti Semite with white nationalist allies to a high position in his adminstration, wants someone who found desegration efforts as his HUD director, and now wants his kids advising him on national security.

Sorry cupcake, the reason conservative will have a hard time after this will be because of Trump and no one else. Because it takes a really special kind of stupid to think that supporting a mentally unstable lying bigot would somehow be good for the country

Buy the puppy champ, and you have to big up the poop. So stop fucking whining about it. Makes you look more pathetic than usual
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Trump has a sister who is a federal judge. Taking bets now on whether she makes his short list for the Court.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

While his company is not in a blind trust and is still being run by his children.

It's on the news now.

Why is this remotely a problem? Does the family unit frighten you that much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

It's on the news now.

They have already denied this claim. You might want to look more critically at the news you consume.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-team-denies-security-clearanc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KrazyIrish89 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

It's on the news now.

They have already denied this claim. You might want to look more critically at the news you consume.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-team-denies-security-clearanc...

The left has some pretty legit sources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
galad2003 wrote:
In one week I have already figured out everything Trump does will have a post about it in RSP declaring how it is racist, corrupt, ignorant or just in general making fun of it.

The libs are going to cry and throw a temper tantrum 10 times worse than anything the conservatives did over Obama. Christ, we have already had one idiotic thread where some inbred rednecks in West Virginia, probably where they have never seen a black person before, called Michelle Obama an ape on Facebook. It made news on the BBC for crying out loud. Imagine what the fuck will happen when Trump nominates a supreme court justice.

It's one thing to shit up RSP with this drivel, but ths is going to be our news cycle for the next 4 years and brainless twats who watch CNN and MSNBC will actually buy into it. We'll probably be hearing this shit in "real life" too for the next 4 years. The media is going to do everything in their power to make sure a conservative is never elected again and try to bully conservatives into submission with allegations of racism. I expect things to get far worse in this country.

Wow, can't believe that would happen. Never happened before where every move a president makes is vilified by the losing party....

Where have you been the last eight years? Or the eight years before that? Or the eight years before that?

My eyes are a-spinnin' and a-spinnin'....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump is petitioning Bernie Madoff for head of the Federal Reserve. When asked about it, Trump said "You know, Bernie is a good man...a good man. He knew how to make money, and thats what you want for your Fed...whatever guy."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dispaminite wrote:
Trump is petitioning Bernie Madoff for head of the Federal Reserve. When asked about it, Trump said "You know, Bernie is a good man...a good man. He knew how to make money, and thats what you want for your Fed...whatever guy."

Clinton is petitioning Bernie Madoff for head of her sex slave department.
When asked about it, Hillary said "You know, if the guy knows how to fuck people, thats the kind of guy you want inside of you."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.