Subject: Sneak Attack? Fast? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Redd

San Diego
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused. Since Sneak Attack does not have the fast keyword, I'm missing where I could actually use it.

- Event card requires a play action
- Enemy exhausts after attack
- Enemy readies during upkeep so is no longer exhausted when I could do the play action again.

Seems that when the enemy is exhausted after its attack you'd perform your sneak attack but that doesn't seem to fit the rules. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ReddWolf wrote:
I'm a little confused. Since Sneak Attack does not have the fast keyword, I'm missing where I could actually use it.

- Event card requires a play action
- Enemy exhausts after attack
- Enemy readies during upkeep so is no longer exhausted when I could do the play action again.

Seems that when the enemy is exhausted after its attack you'd perform your sneak attack but that doesn't seem to fit the rules. What am I missing?

Thanks!

You have three actions in your turn. First action, evade. Assuming you pass, the enemy is now exhausted and disengaged, sitting alone in the middle of the room. You now have two actions left to Sneak Attack, which will hit automatically without a Chaos Bag pull.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
As above, it seems like you've overlooked the effect of applying 'evade' on an enemy, whether that's done via an investigator's Evade action and making a test versus agility, or some other card ability like Cunning Distraction or Stray Cat, where 'evade' is more like an effect that you automatically place on someone/thing. If 'evade' is applied to an enemy, two things immediately happen: it exhausts and, if in a threat area, disengages back to the location card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jackson
United States
Mather
California
flag msg tools
OK, one time Randy Beaman had to take baths with his brother. So one time his little brother took a potty in the bathtub .....and now Randy Beaman gets to take showers alone. 'K, bye.
badge
One time, OK, see, one time Randy Beaman's little brother ate Pop Rocks and drank a soda at the same time and his head exploded! 'K, bye.
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said...evade is a critical tool in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Redd

San Diego
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I just had my "Aha!" moment with AH ....yes, I was absolutely using evade more as a defensive vice offensive tool. Wow, that actually opens up a lot more interesting possibilities. Okay, I can't wait to get home tonight to test out some new approaches now.

Thank you for the tips and for helping me take the blinders off.thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Argama Flight Crew
badge
INFERNO BLADE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a lot of people don't realize just how useful the Evade action actually is in practice. I feel that's primarily why I see some people undervalue Wendy. Her card pool and stats support Evade based strategies the most out of any of the core investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Dockery
msg tools
mb
With her balanced stats, she can also take hits pretty well when she fails to evade. This means that the best strategy is generally for the adults to let the orphan do the tanking.

The Mythos is no place for heroes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rsdockery wrote:
With her balanced stats, she can also take hits pretty well when she fails to evade. This means that the best strategy is generally for the adults to let the orphan do the tanking.

I've mentioned previously that Wendy is the tank, and I suspect some people thought I was kidding...

Evade is an amazing part of this game, and it really works well with the theme - you're a horror movie protagonist, of course you're just running from one corner of the room to the other, and of course your enemy is standing there looking at the corner where you used to be. I love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
rsdockery wrote:

I've mentioned previously that Wendy is the tank, and I suspect some people thought I was kidding...

Evade is an amazing part of this game, and it really works well with the theme - you're a horror movie protagonist, of course you're just running from one corner of the room to the other, and of course your enemy is standing there looking at the corner where you used to be. I love it!

Yeah. With her high Agility, access to Rogue and Survivor, and most importantly her balanced durability stats (HP/San) and her redraw ability, Wendy is the best tank in Arkham by far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.