Peter Skurr
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
I played a board game as a child. Before starting the game you chose and wrote down your secret victory conditions. There were three things of interest

1) Fame
2) Happiness
3) Income

You rolled the dice and moved around the board, collect fame, income and happiness points. Winner was the first player to reach and reveal their victory conditions...

Can anyone help ??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Homatidis
England
flag msg tools
badge
The game is Careers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm at Mini-Wellycon - Oct 22 - 23, 2016
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Geek Peter! I'm sure Philip is right. Careers was pretty advanced for the time in having multiple goals the players could choose. Depending on which edition you played it's an interesting historical artefact as jobs such as 'Uranium Prospector' and 'Astronaut' come and go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Skurr
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
That is the one THANK YOU very much
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Skurr
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
I see there are several versions. The one i played had Uranium Prospector as a career choice. Which i quite enjoyed.

Can anyone confirm that this was the Parker Bros 1971 edition?

Thanks in advance..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Skurr
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
Or alternatively advise what is the best version to play ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Platt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I had the 1971 version and it had sports as a career path. However, on the wiki page for the game it says that uranium prospector was changed to sports. So it seems that your version might be an earlier one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wobblysquare wrote:
Or alternatively advise what is the best version to play ?

My friend Joe Rushanan owns about 6 versions. In my experience, the older ones are better (they gradually dumbed the game down over time.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Adey
United Kingdom
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wobblysquare wrote:
I see there are several versions. The one i played had Uranium Prospector as a career choice. Which i quite enjoyed.

Can anyone confirm that this was the Parker Bros 1971 edition?

Thanks in advance..

I think that is a 1950s or more likely 1960s version. When I can find mine, I`ll have a look. It used to be my mom and dad`s and they played with friends in the late 50s and early 60s.

Best wishes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.