Popular Tags: [View All]
George Varachidis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
VO NGUYEN GIAP
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I got it right, according to rules 21.6 "Robust Units" and 21.7.2 "KG Breakdown", ONE AND THE SAME full strength unit can "produce" 2 Kampfgruppe counters (one by rule 21.7.2 and another one when the reduced unit is eliminated...if it is so, it doesn,t seem much realistic...

P.S. By the way, a great game design, the CRT refining is a nice addition to the previous NO RETREAT titles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
idiorythmos wrote:
If I got it right, according to rules 21.6 "Robust Units" and 21.7.2 "KG Breakdown", ONE AND THE SAME full strength unit can "produce" 2 Kampfgruppe counters (one by rule 21.7.2 and another one when the reduced unit is eliminated...if it is so, it doesn,t seem much realistic...

P.S. By the way, a great game design, the CRT refining is a nice addition to the previous NO RETREAT titles...

Well... Don't forget that the Robust unit costs DOUBLE to flip back to full strength. I don't see why you do not find it realistic. These were pretty large units, and unless you want to cover extra grounds or have event cards or reserve markers to spare (and the Germans rarely has enough of these!) there is no point in getting into a KG-making orgy.

Note also that the number of KGs in the game is limited. And that in rule 21.6 the Robust unit has to be eliminated in Combat for this to happen: in fact in a lot of cases I don't even put the KG unit in play when I play the German side as the Battle conditions where the KG is put in will probably end in its destruction next turn.

KG: use them with caution and carefully! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Varachidis
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
VO NGUYEN GIAP
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks for the 3 titles you created sofar (when is nr 3 coming out?)...I assume that the culmination of your effort will be late Western Front (operation "Overlord")...Elite German Fallschirmjaegers defending marshy Carentan, daring Allied paratroopers landing amidst enemy units, SS units defending tenasiously Caen, Tiger tanks and Grenadiers not stepping back from their precious hill, Allied carpet bombing reducing Panzer Lehr to KG sized unit and many many more.....

P.S. I can hardly wait for my "No retreat : Italian Front" 3 copies to arrive...(I always buy more copies of a game I trully like)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Ste-Thérèse
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
idiorythmos wrote:
Many thanks for the 3 titles you created sofar (when is nr 3 coming out?)...I assume that the culmination of your effort will be late Western Front (operation "Overlord")...Elite German Fallschirmjaegers defending marshy Carentan, daring Allied paratroopers landing amidst enemy units, SS units defending tenasiously Caen, Tiger tanks and Grenadiers not stepping back from their precious hill, Allied carpet bombing reducing Panzer Lehr to KG sized unit and many many more.....

P.S. I can hardly wait for my "No retreat : Italian Front" 3 copies to arrive...(I always buy more copies of a game I trully like)

Wow, thanks for buying my little games!

NR3 (France + Poland) should come out next Spring.

And indeed NR5 will be about the West front, in fact it's already on GMT's P500... This will be two games in one (check the P500 description)

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-602-no-retreat-5-the-western-front...

Speaking about German paratroopers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.