$30.00
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


> Excerpts from the November 14, 2016 Right Wing Watch news story by Brian Tashman entitled:

Steve Bannon To Help Trump Bring White Nationalism, Misogyny, And Anti-Semitism To The White House


Steve Bannon

Donald Trump sent a strong signal this weekend when he decided to tap Steve Bannon, the former Breitbart chairman who bragged about turning the ultraconservative outlet into “the platform for the Alt-Right,” to serve as his chief strategist in the White House, a move that has caused white nationalists and neo-Nazis to celebrate.

Bannon, when he was serving as CEO of Trump’s campaign, helped develop the candidate’s message about a world struggle between “nationalists” and “globalists,” and a fight between “real Americans” and the evil anti-sovereignty schemes of cosmopolitan elites, international financiers, the media, immigrants, minorities and progressives. Such views, which Bannon describes as “populist-nationalist,” have been typical of fascist movements throughout history, and Bannon has even reached out to neo-Fascist parties like France’s National Front and favorably compared himself to Nazi propagandist Leni Riefenstahl.

While providing glowing coverage of Trump’s presidential bid, Breitbart has also continued to focus on “black crime,” the supposed link between immigration and security risks, criticism of “Political Correctness,” and anti-Semitic hit pieces against Jewish members of the media.

In divorce proceedings, Bannon’s ex-wife described him as a raving anti-Semite who didn’t want his daughters “going to school with Jews.” She also accused him of domestic abuse.

Misogyny has been a driving force behind Breitbart under Bannon’s leadership. Breitbart regularly posts articles such as the following (which are clickable links to those Breithbart.com stories):

Why Equality and Diversity Departments Should Only Hire Rich, Straight White Men

Does Feminism Make Women Ugly?

Birth Control Makes Women Unattractive and Crazy

The Solution to Online "Harassment" Is Simple: Women Should Log Off

Teenage Boys With Tits: Here’s My Problem with "Ghostbusters" (2016)

Science Proves It: Fat-Shaming Works

These articles were all written by Milo Yiannopoulos, the site’s most well-known author and chief provocateur, who was recently banned from Twitter “after he incited his followers to bombard 'Ghostbusters' (2016) & 'Saturday Night Live' star Leslie Jones with racist and demeaning tweets.”



Milo Yiannopoulos

Following a mass shooting in Oregon, Milo Yiannopoulos said that men are behind the majority of such shootings because feminism is “creating killers by suppressing” male urges “to fight” and “shoot things.”

(In the aftermath of the mass shooting at a black church in Charleston, another Breitbart writer defended the Confederate flag in an article titled “Hoist it High and Proud: The Confederate Flag Proclaims A Glorious Heritage,” touting the Confederacy as “a patriotic and idealistic cause” that had a right to secede from the union.)

Yiannopoulos also praised Trump as “the real first black President,” in part because he would side with African Americans in the “minority war brewing between blacks and Latinos.”

When House Speaker Paul Ryan criticized the Alt-Right during his primary campaign against a Bannon-backed candidate, Yiannopoulos joined Bannon on the latter’s radio program to attack Ryan.



Paul Ryan

Now, Ryan is refusing to criticize Trump’s selection of the alt-right’s champion, Steve Bannon, to fill one of the top roles in the White House.

Maybe it’s because Bannon isn’t the only person bringing white nationalism, misogyny and anti-Semitism to the White House.

That person, of course, would be Donald Trump.


Other Suggested Reading Via Clickable News-Story Links

White Nationalists See Advocate in Steve Bannon Who Will Hold Trump To His Campaign Promises

How Donald Trump's New Campaign Chief Created an Online Haven for White Nationalists: Breitbart News Is "The Platform for the Alt-Right," Boasts Stephen Bannon

Steve Bannon’s Dream: A Worldwide Ultra-Right

I Watched All of Steve Bannon’s Bad Movies

Breitbart Has Also Continued To Focus On Black Crime

Breitbart.com Is Sure This Adidas Shirt Is An Islamo-Mexican Terror Rug


Breitbart Slammed For Anti-Semitic Attack On Washington Post Columnist Anne Applebaum


Steve Bannon’s Ex-Wife Said in Divorce Proceedings: "He Doesn’t Like Jews"

Trump’s New Campaign CEO Stephen Bannon Once Charged With Domestic Violence

Twitter Permanently Suspends Conservative Breithbart Writer Milo Yiannopoulos For Egregiously Racist Comments

Feminism Is Creating Killers By Suppressing Male Urges To Fight And Shoot Things.”

Breitbart writer Defended The Confederate Flag, Declaring: "Hoist It High And Proud: The Confederate Flag Proclaims A Glorious Heritage

Donald Trump Would Be The Real First Black President

Paul Ryan Was the Enemy of the Alt-Right Long Before He Crossed Donald Trump

Milo Yiannopoulos Joined Steve Bannon on the Latter’s Radio Program To Attack Paul Ryan

Republican House Speaker Paul Ryan Declares: "I Have No Concerns With Steve Bannon As Trump's Chief Of Staff"

Will Steve Bannon Bring The Alt-Right To The White House?


11 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
This appointment is actually a topic worth a discussion. The OP is still presented in the manner of insane conspiracy rubbish but on the whole it happens to be correct.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
What's the deal with board games?
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see someone -- anyone -- defend this.

As a Jewish Canadian who planned on making several stops in the USA over the course of the next decade to see a game at every MLB ballpark, that trip is going to have to wait at least four years. Not stepping foot in your country while you have Bannon in the White House.
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hyperbolus wrote:
Quote:

To the victor go the spoils.


I will defend it. Bannon is a genius. Anyone that could mastermind a Trump election is pretty damn smart. I would match him against the collective brainpower of the left in RSP to be honest.

I don't think the charges of Bannon or Breitbart being a White Nationalist, Misogynist or an Anti-Semitic are founded and these are just labels slapped on him by his ham-handed political enemies.



Right. His political enemies forced him and his website to run a hateful smear campaign against a successful immigrant, just because he stood up for fellow immigrants

Quote:
By many measures, Chobani embodies the classic American immigrant success story.

Its founder, Hamdi Ulukaya, is a Turkish immigrant of Kurdish descent. He bought a defunct yogurt factory in upstate New York, added a facility in Twin Falls, Idaho, and now employs about 2,000 people making Greek yogurt.

But in this contentious election season, the extreme right has a problem with Chobani: In its view, too many of those employees are refugees.

As Mr. Ulukaya has stepped up his advocacy — employing more than 300 refugees in his factories, starting a foundation to help migrants, and traveling to the Greek island of Lesbos to witness the crisis firsthand — he and his company have been targeted with racist attacks on social media and conspiratorial articles on websites including Breitbart News.

Now there are calls to boycott Chobani. Mr. Ulukaya and the company have been taunted with racist epithets on Twitter and Facebook. Fringe websites have published false stories claiming Mr. Ulukaya wants “to drown the United States in Muslims.” And the mayor of Twin Falls has received death threats, partly as a result of his support for Chobani.


Pull your head out sonny, no one is buying that particular horseshit about poor misunderstood Bannon or Breitbart. And of course you do not find the charges grounded. Goes with being a groveling alt right cretin.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
Until a few days before the election, I'd never heard of Bannon so I cannot claim to know. Yet the evidence presented that he's a white supremacist specifically and concomitantly an antisemite, etc., seems pretty compelling. If this is just a smear campaign, what is being distorted exactly and how?
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
Here's an article by the National Review (that liberal rag!) about Bannon.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442189/steve-bannon-tr...

I will say what I have said elsewhere. It is unnecessary to conclude that Bannon is racist or a white supremacist to have an issue with this appointment. He's made a career out of pandering to the absolutely most vile part of conservatism to the point where I think he has become enamored of them and identifies with them. Else, I do not know why you would proudly declare that Breitbart is a platform for the alt right or praise "the women of theLe Pen family." The article above does a good job of highlighting that. Hence, it's not really necessary for me to conclude the guy is a white supremacist for me to think it's absolutely despicable that Trump has appointed him to any position of power.
21 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Here's an article by the National Review (that liberal rag!) about Bannon.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442189/steve-bannon-tr...

...


While you were checking out the National Review, did you run across this?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/441441/hillary-clinton...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
deadkenny wrote:
she2 wrote:
Here's an article by the National Review (that liberal rag!) about Bannon.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442189/steve-bannon-tr...

...


While you were checking out the National Review, did you run across this?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/441441/hillary-clinton...


Oh my, you conservatives can't let that whole Hillary thing go even after you won the election? Move on, dude. I have. It's kind of pathetic that you can't discuss the new administration without wailing about Hillary.

Did you actually look at that article I linked? It takes a hyperbolic swipe at liberals like you'd expect from the National Review. You should like that. I figured linking that would be more useful than some other source that you'd moan about.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh my God They Banned Kenny
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
she2 wrote:
deadkenny wrote:

While you were checking out the National Review, did you run across this?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/441441/hillary-clinton...


Oh my, you conservatives can't let that whole Hillary thing go even after you won the election? Move on, dude. I have. It's kind of pathetic that you can't discuss the new administration without wailing about Hillary.

Did you actually look at that article I linked? It takes a hyperbolic swipe at liberals like you'd expect from the National Review. You should like that. I figured linking that would be more useful than some other source that you'd moan about.


I'll take that as a "no".
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Everything Trump does gives the Left opportunity to show their true colors.

You guys might even make my 95 year old Grandmother a conservative before long.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
deadkenny wrote:
she2 wrote:
Here's an article by the National Review (that liberal rag!) about Bannon.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442189/steve-bannon-tr...

...


While you were checking out the National Review, did you run across this?

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/441441/hillary-clinton...


Oh my, you conservatives can't let that whole Hillary thing go even after you won the election? Move on, dude. I have. It's kind of pathetic that you can't discuss the new administration without wailing about Hillary.

Did you actually look at that article I linked? It takes a hyperbolic swipe at liberals like you'd expect from the National Review. You should like that. I figured linking that would be more useful than some other source that you'd moan about.


Let us know when you drop the whole Bush thing.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Here's an article by the National Review (that liberal rag!) about Bannon.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442189/steve-bannon-tr...

I will say what I have said elsewhere. It is unnecessary to conclude that Bannon is racist or a white supremacist to have an issue with this appointment. He's made a career out of pandering to the absolutely most vile part of conservatism to the point where I think he has become enamored of them and identifies with them. Else, I do not know why you would proudly declare that Breitbart is a platform for the alt right or praise "the women of theLe Pen family." The article above does a good job of highlighting that. Hence, it's not really necessary for me to conclude the guy is a white supremacist for me to think it's absolutely despicable that Trump has appointed him to any position of power.


What exactly are the VILE parts of conservatism?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
The argument here seems to be whether Bannon is an actual antisemite or just tolerates antisemitism. I'm not really seeing an upside here.
28 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
TheDashi wrote:
she2 wrote:
Here's an article by the National Review (that liberal rag!) about Bannon.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442189/steve-bannon-tr...

I will say what I have said elsewhere. It is unnecessary to conclude that Bannon is racist or a white supremacist to have an issue with this appointment. He's made a career out of pandering to the absolutely most vile part of conservatism to the point where I think he has become enamored of them and identifies with them. Else, I do not know why you would proudly declare that Breitbart is a platform for the alt right or praise "the women of theLe Pen family." The article above does a good job of highlighting that. Hence, it's not really necessary for me to conclude the guy is a white supremacist for me to think it's absolutely despicable that Trump has appointed him to any position of power.


What exactly are the VILE parts of conservatism?


Keep up, Dashi. The alt-right. Their founder is Richard Spencer, who also heads the National Policy Institute. Their mission? "NPI is an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world." That's code for white people. The site is sprinkled with lots of articles about Whites (capitalized).

Or are you saying that's not vile? The National Review thinks it is.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
she2 wrote:
Here's an article by the National Review (that liberal rag!) about Bannon.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442189/steve-bannon-tr...

I will say what I have said elsewhere. It is unnecessary to conclude that Bannon is racist or a white supremacist to have an issue with this appointment. He's made a career out of pandering to the absolutely most vile part of conservatism to the point where I think he has become enamored of them and identifies with them. Else, I do not know why you would proudly declare that Breitbart is a platform for the alt right or praise "the women of theLe Pen family." The article above does a good job of highlighting that. Hence, it's not really necessary for me to conclude the guy is a white supremacist for me to think it's absolutely despicable that Trump has appointed him to any position of power.


What exactly are the VILE parts of conservatism?


Keep up, Dashi. The alt-right. Their founder is Richard Spencer, who also heads the National Policy Institute. Their mission? "NPI is an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world." That's code for white people. The site is sprinkled with lots of articles about Whites (capitalized).

Or are you saying that's not vile? The National Review thinks it is.


Is that really a part of conservatism?
Or something the left will insert into it to try and make people look bad?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
whac3 wrote:
The argument here seems to be whether Bannon is an actual antisemite or just tolerates antisemitism. I'm not really seeing an upside here.


Not just tolerates. Promotes it.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
TheDashi wrote:
she2 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
she2 wrote:
Here's an article by the National Review (that liberal rag!) about Bannon.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442189/steve-bannon-tr...

I will say what I have said elsewhere. It is unnecessary to conclude that Bannon is racist or a white supremacist to have an issue with this appointment. He's made a career out of pandering to the absolutely most vile part of conservatism to the point where I think he has become enamored of them and identifies with them. Else, I do not know why you would proudly declare that Breitbart is a platform for the alt right or praise "the women of theLe Pen family." The article above does a good job of highlighting that. Hence, it's not really necessary for me to conclude the guy is a white supremacist for me to think it's absolutely despicable that Trump has appointed him to any position of power.


What exactly are the VILE parts of conservatism?


Keep up, Dashi. The alt-right. Their founder is Richard Spencer, who also heads the National Policy Institute. Their mission? "NPI is an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world." That's code for white people. The site is sprinkled with lots of articles about Whites (capitalized).

Or are you saying that's not vile? The National Review thinks it is.


Is that really a part of conservatism?
Or something the left will insert into it to try and make people look bad?


I don't know, Dashi. Why don't you ask President-Elect Trump? He just elevated Bannon to the White House. The guy who turned Breitbart into a "platform for the alt-right" (Bannon's words, not mine). Seems like they are considered to be part of conservatism as far as Trump is concerned.

And don't be shy. We all know you read Breitbart, along with Drew and company. Acting as if the alt-right isn't part of conservatism today is just silly.
24 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
she2 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
she2 wrote:
Here's an article by the National Review (that liberal rag!) about Bannon.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442189/steve-bannon-tr...

I will say what I have said elsewhere. It is unnecessary to conclude that Bannon is racist or a white supremacist to have an issue with this appointment. He's made a career out of pandering to the absolutely most vile part of conservatism to the point where I think he has become enamored of them and identifies with them. Else, I do not know why you would proudly declare that Breitbart is a platform for the alt right or praise "the women of theLe Pen family." The article above does a good job of highlighting that. Hence, it's not really necessary for me to conclude the guy is a white supremacist for me to think it's absolutely despicable that Trump has appointed him to any position of power.


What exactly are the VILE parts of conservatism?


Keep up, Dashi. The alt-right. Their founder is Richard Spencer, who also heads the National Policy Institute. Their mission? "NPI is an independent organization dedicated to the heritage, identity, and future of people of European descent in the United States, and around the world." That's code for white people. The site is sprinkled with lots of articles about Whites (capitalized).

Or are you saying that's not vile? The National Review thinks it is.


Is that really a part of conservatism?
Or something the left will insert into it to try and make people look bad?


I don't know, Dashi. Why don't you ask President-Elect Trump? He just elevated Bannon to the White House. The guy who turned Breitbart into a "platform for the alt-right" (Bannon's words, not mine). Seems like they are considered to be part of conservatism as far as Trump is concerned.


Does Trump represent "Conservatism?"
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
The argument here seems to be whether Bannon is an actual antisemite or just tolerates antisemitism. I'm not really seeing an upside here.


Not just tolerates. Promotes it.

Ah, yes, you're right. That's even "better". It's the Ron Paul newsletter argument all over except now it matters more.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's Why It's Fair — And Necessary — To Call Trump's Chief Strategist A White Nationalist Champion: Stephen Bannon said he was.
hyperbolus wrote:
Quote:
To the victor go the spoils.

I will defend it. Bannon is a genius. Anyone that could mastermind a Trump election is pretty damn smart. I would match him against the collective brainpower of the left in RSP to be honest.

I don't think the charges of Bannon or Breitbart being a White Nationalist, Misogynist or an Anti-Semitic are founded and these are just labels slapped on him by his ham-handed political enemies.

If you're accusing Steve Bannon of slapping a label on himself, well, that's exactly how he's identified himself in no uncertain terms.


> Excerpts from the November 14, 2016 Mother Jones magazine news story by David Corn entitled:

Here's Why It's Fair — And Necessary — To Call Trump's Chief Strategist A White Nationalist Champion: Stephen Bannon said he was.

After Donald Trump announced he was appointing Stephen Bannon to a top job in the White House as chief strategist, I sent out a tweet referring to a Mother Jones story that reported on how Bannon, when he was head of Breitbart News, the far-right conservative site, provided a haven for white nationalists. In response, Roger Stone, a longtime Trump adviser and conspiracy theory advocate (he wrote a book claiming Lyndon B. Johnson killed John F. Kennedy), tweeted at me: "'White Nationalist' my ass. Stop with the childish name calling…. we don't call you a Communist."

There was a major problem with his tweet: I am not a Communist, and Bannon is indeed a champion of white nationalists and white supremacists. And this is according to an expert on this matter: Stephen Bannon.

In July, Steve Bannon, who soon would leave Breitbart to become a top campaign aide to Trump, was interviewed by journalist Sarah Posner of "Mother Jones" magazine, our publication. Bannon proudly declared of Breitbart, "We're the platform for the Alt-Right."

The Alt-Right is an extreme but not well-defined wing of the conservative movement that rants against immigrants, Muslims, the globalist agenda, and multiculturalism and that generally advocates white nationalism (if not white supremacism — in this world, there is a difference). The Alt-Right also generates a hefty amount of anti-Semitism. (For more on the Alt-Right, click on the following news-story links:

How 2015 Fueled The Rise Of The Freewheeling, White Nationalist Alt-Right Movement

How Trump Took Hate Groups Mainstream: The Full Story Of His Connection With Far-Right Extremists

In that interview, Bannon did claim that not all Alt-Righters were racists and anti-Semites.

Steve Bannon wrote:


Look, are there some people that are white nationalists that are attracted to some of the philosophies of the alt-right? Maybe. Are there some people that are anti-Semitic that are attracted? Maybe. Right? Maybe some people are attracted to the Alt-Right that are homophobes, right? But that's just like, there are certain elements of the progressive left and the hard left that attract certain elements.


But that was whitewashing. How do we know? Because of Breitbart's own coverage.

In March, the website published the following article (which you can access by click on the following link) -- An Establishment Conservative's Guide to the Alt-Right -- which was co-written by Milo Yiannopoulos, a prominent figure in the movement. It noted that the Alt-Right opposed "full 'integration'" of racial groups: "The alt-right believe that some degree of separation between peoples is necessary for a culture to be preserved." This piece cited Richard Spencer, a 30-something Duke Ph.D. dropout, and his AlternativeRight.com website as "a center of Alt-Right thought."

What does Spencer, the intellectual guru of the movement, advocate?

Richard Spencer is quite explicit: an all-white United States. This is not a secret. In a recent interview with Mother Jones, Spencer explained his belief that America's white population is endangered, due to multiculturalism and immigration, and he advocated "a renewed Roman Empire," a dictatorship where only white people could be citizens.



Richard Spencer

"You cannot view another white person as your enemy," Spencer remarked. His goal is a white ethnostate. How to get there may be unclear. He added that he hoped America's nonwhites can be convinced to leave the country on their accord: "It's like presenting to an African that this hasn't worked out. We haven't made each other happier. We are going to have to take part in this paradigmatic shift together." During the campaign, Spencer declared, Trump "loves white people."



Ben Shapiro

Race is central to the Alt-Right. Ben Shapiro, a former Breitbart editor, notes: "The Alt-Right, in a nutshell, believes that Western culture is inseparable from European ethnicity." That is, being white. Whether its activists prefer white nationalism (saying that different races can't get along so nonwhites should somehow be separated from white America) or white supremacism (saying that whites are inherently superior to others), this is a racist movement. And its activists have also traded in anti-Semitism, often hurling anti-Semitic jabs at journalists who write about the alt-right or Trump. By the way, Bannon's ex-wife did once accuse him of making anti-Semitic remarks. (Bannon denied making the comments.)

There are not many dots to connect in this picture, and the lines between them are clear. Whatever he might believe, Steve Bannon is a self-proclaimed ally of the Alt-Right. (Shapiro notes that Bannon may not buy all its guff, but "he's happy to pander to those people and make common cause with them." And regarding Bannon, Lisa De Pasquale, a Breitbart contributor, on Monday said on the "To the Point" radio show that promoting the Alt-Right at Breitbart was "good for his business model.") And the Alt-Right promotes white nationalism (if not white supremacism).

So, journalists who do not report that Trump has selected for a top spot in the White House an enabler of white nationalists — which certainly could qualify Bannon as a white nationalist himself — are doing the public and the truth a disservice. Thanks to Trump, a comrade of racists — many of whom are now cheering his appointment — is slated to help run the U.S. government. This fact should be front and center, as the nation heads toward the Trump era.



Suggested Further Reading Via Clickable News-Story Links

Is Steve Bannon Racist? Let's Find Out!

The White Nationalist Propogandist Who Will Advise President Trump

Reince Priebus Attempts to Normalize White Nationalist Stephen Bannon



4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I've visited Breitbart. I would call it vile, odorous sludge, but that would be an insult to vile, odorous sludge. So is Bannon anti-Semitic/pro-white power, or is he simply an amoral businessman who would do anything for a buck without a shred of reflection? I personally think the latter is worse, but that's just me. Racist, White Power people at least have a (ignorant) ideology and (repulsive) moral view.
21 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cates
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
Until a few days before the election, I'd never heard of Bannon so I cannot claim to know. Yet the evidence presented that he's a white supremacist specifically and concomitantly an antisemite, etc., seems pretty compelling. If this is just a smear campaign, what is being distorted exactly and how?
His ex-wife brought up allegations in a divorce proceeding, no incentive for smear there?

What's the "pretty compelling" evidence you have. I don't dig through Shreve's madness as a general rule.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Mc Donald
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
I wish calling out racists somehow served to marginalize them, but sadly Trump's supporters were willing to bed with 51 flavors of bigotry in the general election, so I don't see that stopping now.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Edwards
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Jesus it's going to be a long four years.

Half of the conservatives here claimed they were never-Trump before Clinton literally drove them insane and now he has won there is complete collective amnesia as to why many were never-Trump in the first place.

Plus exactly half an hour on Breitbart or any one article by Milo fuckface should make this all clear. If you can't be bothered to do that maybe your opinion is misinformed.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
ironcates wrote:
whac3 wrote:
Until a few days before the election, I'd never heard of Bannon so I cannot claim to know. Yet the evidence presented that he's a white supremacist specifically and concomitantly an antisemite, etc., seems pretty compelling. If this is just a smear campaign, what is being distorted exactly and how?
His ex-wife brought up allegations in a divorce proceeding, no incentive for smear there?

What's the "pretty compelling" evidence you have. I don't dig through Shreve's madness as a general rule.

Times of Israel, video news clips, etc., about what was published while he was editor.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.