Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Wendy's Amulet and Emergency Cache=infinity resources? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just starting on game.

If Wendy gets her amulet out very early before she has any discards, could she then play Emergency Cache over and over again since putting on the bottom is the same as leaving it on the top?

I know I must be missing something.

Thanks,

Lance
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Hocks
Netherlands
Simpelveld
Limburg
flag msg tools
I dont Have the game here Right now, but i think the Card says after playing an event you put it on the bottom of your deck and not your discard pile. So No that would not be possible.
Correct me if im Wrong plz
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the amulet lets you play the top discard event again but when you play .. any event they go to the bottom of you deck..

don't think i'm come across any card then lets you take or play the bottom card of your deck yet...

so you might get one extra use out of a few events played before the amulet came out and before her "default" weakness discards her discard pile..,
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
I am missing something.

Could you explain this please?

lancemoody wrote:
since putting on the bottom is the same as leaving it on the top?

Lance


The top and bottom of your deck can be up to 29 cards apart.

Phoenix
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Whitford
msg tools
mbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
I am missing something.

Could you explain this please?

lancemoody wrote:
since putting on the bottom is the same as leaving it on the top?

Lance


The top and bottom of your deck can be up to 29 cards apart.

Phoenix

I think he's saying if you draw it first, so there is no discard pile, in which case putting it on the bottom means that it's on top (as it's the only card). Having said which, I'm not sure that this would really be a viable strategy anyway; there's only so much that grabbing resources at the cost of not doing other actions can advantage you. Emergency Cache is only 2 more resources than the default "Take a resource" action (which is nice, but doesn't seem worth repeating it over and over and over again unless you're spending those resources).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Soda Popinski
msg tools
mbmb
Swiftfooted wrote:
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
I am missing something.

Could you explain this please?

lancemoody wrote:
since putting on the bottom is the same as leaving it on the top?

Lance


The top and bottom of your deck can be up to 29 cards apart.

Phoenix

I think he's saying if you draw it first, so there is no discard pile, in which case putting it on the bottom means that it's on top (as it's the only card). Having said which, I'm not sure that this would really be a viable strategy anyway; there's only so much that grabbing resources at the cost of not doing other actions can advantage you. Emergency Cache is only 2 more resources than the default "Take a resource" action (which is nice, but doesn't seem worth repeating it over and over and over again unless you're spending those resources).


Just to clear up any misunderstandings: The event goes in the bottom of your draw deck. Not your discard pile. So playing it over and over isn't an option.

Also this includes ALL your played event cards and not only the ones you play from the top of the discard pile. The point being, you can discard event card to boost skill checks and still play them afterwards.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The point being, you can discard event card to boost skill checks and still play them afterwards.[/q]

Ah!!!! that makes sense! i missed that bit! thank you
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
lancemoody wrote:
Just starting on game.

If Wendy gets her amulet out very early before she has an discards, could she then play Emergency Cache over and over again since putting on the bottom is the same as leaving it on the top?

I know I must be missing something.

Thanks,

Lance


Actually reading the card helps...

As stated, you play the top card of your discard then it goes to the bottom of your DRAW deck. Says it right on the card...

Item. Relic.
Wendy Adams deck only.
You may play the topmost event in your discard pile as if it were in your hand.
Forced – After you play an event: Place it on the bottom of your deck instead of in your discard pile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Moody
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, thanks so much for the answers. In my defense, it was very late and for some reason, I was thinking it was talking about the discard pile.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon W
England
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let you know, when you play the amulet as an asset, all your later played events are placed at the bottom of the deck too, even from your hand. Meaning that if you play the amulet early, there won't be many events in your discard pile to take advantage of.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.