$30.00
Sean Golyer
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my band: Oak Pantheon
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading over the rules in preparation for a game this Friday. There are a few different rules that say to "Ignore any 'F' Result from..." such as Defensive Bombardment (10.2.3) or Maneuver Combat Support (10.3.6). My initial gut interpretation of this is to keep the number results (to use for step loss after TDV division is applied) and ignore the "F". But as I've thought about it more, it may potentially be just as valid to interpret that as ignoring the entire result. So instead of a "6F" Defensive Bombardment being simply "6", it could potentially mean that any result with an "F" in it is ignored entirely.

Which is the correct interpretation? I assume the first one, just want to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ThronewolfMN wrote:
Reading over the rules in preparation for a game this Friday. There are a few different rules that say to "Ignore any 'F' Result from..." such as Defensive Bombardment (10.2.3) or Maneuver Combat Support (10.3.6). My initial gut interpretation of this is to keep the number results (to use for step loss after TDV division is applied) and ignore the "F". But as I've thought about it more, it may potentially be just as valid to interpret that as ignoring the entire result. So instead of a "6F" Defensive Bombardment being simply "6", it could potentially mean that any result with an "F" in it is ignored entirely.

Which is the correct interpretation? I assume the first one, just want to be sure.

Your assumption is correct. You ignore the "F" portion of the result; the number portion stands. As an example, D6F4: ignore the F4 and apply the D6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Golyer
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Check out my band: Oak Pantheon
mbmbmbmbmb
Toadkillerdog wrote:
Your assumption is correct. You ignore the "F" portion of the result; the number portion stands. As an example, D6F4: ignore the F4 and apply the D6.

Thanks, Mitch! Looking forward to giving this a spin, lots of interesting chrome throughout.

Separate question: Do Offensive/Defensive Bombardment count towards a Helicopter's Mission count? This is what I understand so far about Missions:

First Observation Phase
-Helicopters can run Observation (and Bombardment?) Missions.

Reinforcement Phase
-Helicopters can run Withdrawal Missions (Movement/Transport).

Movement Phase
-Helicopters can move/transport units.

Offensive Bombardment Phase
-Helicopters can partake in Offensive Bombardment (does this count as a "Mission"?)

Combat Resolution Phase
Assault Combat
-Helicopters can partake in Defensive Bombardment (same question, is this a "Mission"?)

Final Observation Phase
-Helicopters can run Observation (and Bombardment?) Missions

Anything I'm missing?

Edit: Also if you choose to bombard an observed/revealed unit, does that count as a separate mission to the Observation mission? Is the helicopter subject to a potential second ADF (one for flying into the hex for the Observation, and a second for Bombardment)? And is the observation and bombardment conducted in the same phase (Observation) or do you hold off until after all your other Combats are declared and you enter the formal Offensive Bombardment Phase?

Edit2: Disregard, all answered in this EOP. From what I can tell, bombardment during observation phases are counted as the same mission as the observation mission and do not need to wait. Does not appear they are subject to a second ADF if they choose to bombard on the same observation mission: http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=11371
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.