Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel Bollmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG Star Realms League!
This thread is for the twenty-first season of play.
The league rules can be found in the first post of the main announcement thread. Here are some basic reminders:

Every player should subscribe not only to their own divisional thread, but also to the main announcement thread. This is the only place that we will post notification about upcoming seasons. Additionally, if any player fails to thumb or post in this thread before the start of round 3, that player is liable to be removed from the league without notice (unless we have received prior notification).

If you anticipate being unavailable or on vacation in the next month, please notify your division commissioner as soon as possible.

Every match in this league is one game.

Games in this division should be played as Type BF.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them (or geekmail your DC, if you prefer).

The Division Commissioner for this division is Star Realms player GodURmyall:
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The League Commissioner is Star Realms player networktoast:
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here are the members of this division, in the format of Star Realms username, BGG username:

Name BGG Name
HomerJr HomerJr
SweetJustice SweetJustice
JTLondon jthorpe
Klemp Klemp
Utinni waidaat
KineticMan KineticMan
NetherShadow nethershadow
FlyingArrow FlyingArrow
Carnie valpocarnie
bmcfluff bmcfluff
nearlygod nearlygod
Frosty BeyondFrosty

Round 1

HomerJr v. Frosty
SweetJustice v. nearlygod
JTLondon v. bmcfluff
Klemp v. Carnie
Utinni v. FlyingArrow
KineticMan v. NetherShadow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Lapsley
United States
Verona
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha, made it back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hamilton
United States
Canton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a great roster. This season is going to be tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently, there are three players who haven't responded back to the preference vote yet. I'll give it about two more hours from the time of this post to give players a full 24 hours from when I sent out the call to vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Welcome back everyone! This is indeed a great lineup of players!

Matthew, my BGG name is lSweetJusticel, with lower case L's bracketing the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The L's stand for Legend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ha! The L's actually stand for "I'm an idiot."

I set up a BGG account in 2012 to download an Agricola file and then forgot that I had done so. When I joined the Geek in full force in 2013, I was disappointed to see that there was already a "SweetJustice" and went with my XBox login, which included the L's.

I didn't figure out what happened until last year when Kolok asked if I knew about the other SweetJustice. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:
Welcome back everyone! This is indeed a great lineup of players!

Matthew, my BGG name is lSweetJusticel, with lower case L's bracketing the name.

Not sure how that happened, because I've seen that in the past. In any event, I've corrected it in the spreadsheet.

lSweetJusticel wrote:
Ha! The L's actually stand for "I'm an idiot."

I set up a BGG account in 2012 to download an Agricola file and then forgot that I had done so. When I joined the Geek in full force in 2013, I was disappointed to see that there was already a "SweetJustice" and went with my XBox login, which included the L's.

I didn't figure out what happened until last year when Kolok asked if I knew about the other SweetJustice. shake

I have a similar story about my SR handle. I had the app downloaded on my tablet for awhile and played through some of the campaign. I decided to play online at 3AM one night when I couldn't fall asleep for the life of me. I tried to sign up with my normal handle, toaster83, and it said it was taken. (In actuality, they didn't accept numbers in names at that time.) I tried my backup handle, and it said that was taken also. (In actuality, the name was too long.) So I hurriedly picked the first thing that came to mind in the middle of the night -- networktoast.

I've contemplated changing it more than once, but WW says that I would lose my win-loss record. Despite that record being somewhere around abysmal, I don't like the idea of losing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lazar
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I've fought my way up from Iron tier to get here. I just need to defeat a few juggernauts and I'm good right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toaster83 wrote:
Currently, there are three players who haven't responded back to the preference vote yet. I'll give it about two more hours from the time of this post to give players a full 24 hours from when I sent out the call to vote.

I've closed the voting, and by the slimmest of margins, Platinum will play Type BF this season. Marcel will update the OP with this info and the Round 1 postings, but I've included them below to get the division rolling.

Good luck!

Round 1

HomerJr v. Frosty
SweetJustice v. nearlygod
JTLondon v. bmcfluff
Klemp v. Carnie
Utinni v. FlyingArrow
KineticMan v. NetherShadow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
toaster83 wrote:
I've contemplated changing it more than once, but WW says that I would lose my win-loss record. Despite that record being somewhere around abysmal, I don't like the idea of losing it.
I'm in the same boat with my BGG login. Sure, I'd prefer the ID with the L's, but I'd be forfeiting all my activity. It's not worth it.

BeyondFrosty wrote:
Well, I've fought my way up from Iron tier to get here. I just need to defeat a few juggernauts and I'm good right?
Welcome aboard, Frosty! It's a good news / bad news situation. The good news is that you made it...no easy feat! The bad news is that 4 of us get sent back down each season. And as the other tiers fill up with better and better players, it's no guarantee to make it back right away. Gold is the new Platinum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that an expectation that everyone here behaves themselves this season since this IS the Platinum Tier is a given, but looking at the roster . . .

Seriously though, it's an honor to be DC for such an illustrious group of players. Have a great season everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Roberts
United States
Barstow
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:
Gold is the new Platinum.

As a one-time Platinum player and current Gold player, I wholeheartedly support this standard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thorpe John Thorpe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
And we begin again!

I've not actually played ANY BF games... platinum always makes me play games I'm not used to the only reason I've bought expansions is due to requirements in platinum

Good luck all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Klemp
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Loading... 76%
badge
I am Jackson, hear me roar! *meow*
mbmbmbmbmb
Klemp (P1) defeats Carnie (P2) in a close game. Well played!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow (P1) over Utinni (P2).

Brain World on the opening trade row, but trade never lined up for either one of us and it sat there the whole game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Carnie and JTLondon are each in Platinum for the 7th consecutive season (Seasons 14-19, 21... there was no Platinum season 20).

That puts them in a big tie for 4th on the list for longest streaks in Platinum.

1. schoonmj 12
2. HomerJr 10
3. Dorvan 8
4. (tie)
Dorvan 7 (yes, he had one streak of 7 and another of 8)
FlyingArrow 7
kcitizen 7
Carnie 7
JTLondon 7

Carnie and HomerJr also move into a tie for 2nd for most total seasons in Platinum.

1. Dorvan 16
2. (tie)
schoonmj 12
HomerJr 12
Carnie 12
5. (tie)
Aweberman 11
FlyingArrow 11
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante DeMille

Virginia
msg tools
FlyingArrow wrote:
FlyingArrow (P1) over Utinni (P2).

Brain World on the opening trade row, but trade never lined up for either one of us and it sat there the whole game.

GG.

I don't think I played that one right. I thought it likely that you would get the brainworld, but would have to scrap to no damage to get it so i went with the two 6 cost blue ships in hopes that they would provide authority gain and bases to beat you down as you tried to add damage. I assumed since they both provided a draw they would they would hit, but of course they didn't. Even so, I should have bought the Blob Carrier for how much it could potentially hurt me. It ultimately didn't hurt me in your deck any more than the Imperial Freighter and the Stealth Needle (which hit both of those ships), but I probably would have been in a better position going that route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Lapsley
United States
Verona
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FlyingArrow wrote:
Carnie and JTLondon are each in Platinum for the 7th consecutive season (Seasons 14-19, 21... there was no Platinum season 20).

Woohoo, streak not broken!

(silver lining for not making the legends series...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
waidaat wrote:
GG.

I don't think I played that one right. I thought it likely that you would get the brainworld, but would have to scrap to no damage to get it so i went with the two 6 cost blue ships in hopes that they would provide authority gain and bases to beat you down as you tried to add damage. I assumed since they both provided a draw they would they would hit, but of course they didn't. Even so, I should have bought the Blob Carrier for how much it could potentially hurt me. It ultimately didn't hurt me in your deck any more than the Imperial Freighter and the Stealth Needle (which hit both of those ships), but I probably would have been in a better position going that route.

The winning turn came from the Needled Carrier. I topdecked the Blob Destroyer and an Explorer and drew them the next turn. I don't think I had enough combat in my deck to win (even on the following turn) without top-decking the Destroyer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante DeMille

Virginia
msg tools
FlyingArrow wrote:

The winning turn came from the Needled Carrier. I topdecked the Blob Destroyer and an Explorer and drew them the next turn. I don't think I had enough combat in my deck to win (even on the following turn) without top-decking the Destroyer.

Yeah, but they were both bottom decked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
La Jolla
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bmcfluff (P1) defeats JTLondon (P2) using lots of scrap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Thorpe John Thorpe
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
bmcfluff wrote:
bmcfluff (P1) defeats JTLondon (P2) using lots of scrap.

GG - very much a regulation win, your first 3 turns were trade bot, patrol mech, and junkyard. I had to buy to try and counter you and had to get lucky with my currency in order to buy some big stuff to get back into the game. Unfortunately I got 5 trade twice in a row when the board was full of 6s and more (very much like our non-games in the legend series). It seems you are swiftly becoming my bogey team, given you've gone first in every game we have had and I genuinely don't feel like I had a chance in any

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hamilton
United States
Canton
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nearlygod over SweetJustice. My first 3 turns went Cutter, Patrol Mech, Flagship. A couple more blue cards gave me a sizable authority advantage which held up. Good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lazar
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frosty (P1) defeats HomerJR (P2)

I thought I was done on the first turn with that freighter and star fortress in the opening row. I grab blob wheel in an attempt to keep up with the trade race only to flip the other freighter! After getting that freighter, I grab all the scrap followed by star fortress, central office and blob carrier. In the end, my scrapped out deck squeezed out a victory. GG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.