$30.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
185 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Star Realms» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: BGG Star Realms League -- Season 21, Gold Tier, Dreadnaught Division rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel Bollmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG Star Realms League!
This thread is for the twenty-first season of play.
The league rules can be found in the first post of the main announcement thread. Here are some basic reminders:

Every player should subscribe not only to their own divisional thread, but also to the main announcement thread. This is the only place that we will post notification about upcoming seasons. Additionally, if any player fails to thumb or post in this thread before the start of round 3, that player is liable to be removed from the league without notice (unless we have received prior notification).

If you anticipate being unavailable or on vacation in the next month, please notify your division commissioner as soon as possible.

Every match in this league is one game.

Games in this division should be played as Type V.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them (or geekmail your DC, if you prefer).

The Division Commissioner for this division is Star Realms player SweetJustice:
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

The League Commissioner is Star Realms player networktoast:
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here are the members of this division, in the format of Star Realms username, BGG username:

Name BGG Name
Jonjen jon714
AgentSeto AgentSeto
LogusVile Logus Vile
CbusRipper CbusRipper
Verrinho Verrinho
greylag greylag
FrUnitSeven FrUnit7
Robodrix Robodrix
dlow dlow
punkin punkin312
Mortex Mortex
SilentAl SilentAl

Round: 1

Jonjen v. SilentAl
AgentSeto v. Mortex
LogusVile v. punkin
CbusRipper v. dlow
Verrinho v. Robodrix
greylag v. FrUnitSeven
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Well, it's no Ginkgopolis...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: BGG Star Realms League -- Season 21, Gold Tier, Dreadnought Division
hot damn I am in gold!- moving up in the world. Maybe I SHOULD go to the tourney this weekend in Framingham - I might win 100k...

haha Challenged logusvile!

have fun everyone!

Edit: I don't have Bases... I will look into getting that but at the moment I will just have vanilla, I hope that is OK?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amaroid wrote:
Games in this division should be played as Type B.

Type B? this is vintage preference. I didn't play a B game for ages. I'll probably soon be back in Silver I tell you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
hot damn I am in gold!- moving up in the world. Maybe I SHOULD go to the tourney this weekend in Framingham - I might win 100k...

have fun everyone!

Edit: I don't have Bases... I will look into getting that but at the moment I will just have vanilla, I hope that is OK?

How should we proceed? Vanilla or wait and play B?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Logus Vile wrote:
punkin312 wrote:

have fun everyone!

How should we proceed? Vanilla or wait and play B?

I prefer V is you accept that- I don't even know how to download bases- I was trying to locate that in the app is that the "buy full game" $4.99?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh! You're the person who makes the beautiful Roll for the Galaxy photographs! Thank you for those - that's part of what got me into the game.

To get B&B, if it's like the PC version, first make sure you got the latest version of the app. Then try to start a new game and try to select B&B - on the PC that takes you to a page where you can buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Oh! You're the person who makes the beautiful Roll for the Galaxy photographs! Thank you for those - that's part of what got me into the game. :)

To get B&B, if it's like the PC version, first make sure you got the latest version of the app. Then try to start a new game and try to select B&B - on the PC that takes you to a page where you can buy it.

Hmm only on the PC? When I play on the phone is says I have to buy the "full version" so this endeavor for the gold tier is gonna cost me like $10?

PS Thanks for loving the photos!! :D Makes me so happy to hear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
punkin312 wrote:
greylag wrote:
Oh! You're the person who makes the beautiful Roll for the Galaxy photographs! Thank you for those - that's part of what got me into the game.

Hmm only on the PC? When I play on the phone is says I have to buy the "full version" so this endeavor for the gold tier is gonna cost me like $10?

PS Thanks for loving the photos!! Makes me so happy to hear!

They're gorgeous. Fitting for such a fantastically drawn game. Star Realms: If you've bought the "full app" somewhere (which you must have done to be able to do multiplayer, it only lets you play AI on the demo) then you can maybe try the option like "synchronise purchases" or "restore purchases" on your phone, that might unlock it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:
Amaroid wrote:
Games in this division should be played as Type B.

Type B? this is vintage preference. I didn't play a B game for ages. I'll probably soon be back in Silver I tell you.

Hey Dreadnaughts,

So in addition to causing much confusion and worry, it turns out I also broke the rules!

Quote:
Gold Tier has assigned formats, determined by the League Commissioner and based on the preferences of the players in the tier. One of the two divisions will be Type V.

Type B was chosen based on the preponderance of player preferences, but I accidentally ignored that one division needs to be type V. blush

So, Gold/Dreadnaught will play Type V this season. Marcel will update the OP with the new preference. Sorry for the confusion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much appreciated Matthew! I hope I didn't ruin anyone's day/ tourney. :blush:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
punkin312 wrote:
Much appreciated Matthew! I hope I didn't ruin anyone's day/ tourney. blush

No problem. And think nothing of it. I'm pretty sure that rule is in place for just this situation, and it was my fault for not knowing of it when setting the preferences for Gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Type V.

Ok but this is surprising! Both Matney and me got promoted from Silver Battlecruiser div. We both changed our prefs to type BHF but he ends up in Gold Ark (type 1BHF) while I get here.

Well, it doesn't really matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LogusVile defeats punkin.

That Brainworld had me worried but luckily I was able to deal with it early and capitalize on my own early scrap. Good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:
Type V.

Ok but this is surprising! Both Matney and me got promoted from Silver Battlecruiser div. We both changed our prefs to type BHF but he ends up in Gold Ark (type 1BHF) while I get here.

We have you listed as BH, not BHF, so that's you're in this division with fewer expansions. That's not to say assignments would have been any different though as everyone in Ark has at least three expansions specified and there is another player in this division whose pref is set at BHF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone! Just checking in to say hello. If you ever have any questions or concerns at all, please feel free to post in this thread or GM me. Good luck, everyone!

P.S. Off-topic but already discussed, Steph's blog and pictures are indeed fantastic! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steph Hodge
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lSweetJusticel wrote:
Hi everyone! Just checking in to say hello. If you ever have any questions or concerns at all, please feel free to post in this thread or GM me. Good luck, everyone!

P.S. Off-topic but already discussed, Steph's blog and pictures are indeed fantastic! :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave!! :D :heart:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toaster83 wrote:
FrUnit7 wrote:
Type V.

We have you listed as BH, not BHF, so that's you're in this division with fewer expansions. That's not to say assignments would have been any different though as everyone in Ark has at least three expansions specified and there is another player in this division whose pref is set at BHF.

Someone has probably missed my post here.

Thanks to record my preferred format as BHF for next seasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:
toaster83 wrote:
FrUnit7 wrote:
Type V.

Someone has probably missed my post here.

Thanks to record my preferred format as BHF for next seasons.

I'm sorry that this was missed. I've updated you to be BHF in the spreadsheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
greylag def. FrUnitSeven in a dramatically drawn-out (turn 34) game which came down to a "Draw 1" on a Blob World, which just fortunately grabbed Mothership, allowing me to Stealth Needle combo out to victory off just 2 authority. Good match FR7! I think you OD'd on scrap just a little at the end, but you still had me on the ropes after you got in the first heavy hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well played greylag! My defeat came also from not scrapping the BW (you were lucky to acquire on your next hand), and that bottom decked Battle Blob which miss my penultimate deck.

Edit: oh and after of 19 wins in a row, you just broke my current best winning streak ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FrUnit7 wrote:
Well played greylag! My defeat came from not scrapping the BW you were lucky to acquire on your next hand and that bottom decked Battle Blob which miss my penultimate deck.

Yes, ouch, I watched you play out that turn and just thought, "Okay, here comes the Battle Blob... here it comes... any day now... whew!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Low
Australia
Canberra BC
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CbusRipper over dlow - I missed a tempo on grabbing the scrappers (i.e. "left it one turn too late to start"), and that was pretty much game over. Found myself playing for the long game off the initial tableau, when the cards turned and dictated a short and violent one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sarkissian
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
SilentAl def Jonjen

The early scrap made all the difference or your green bombs would've ended me. Good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FrUnit7 wrote:
Edit: oh and after of 19 wins in a row, you just broke my current best winning streak ever.

It's mutual then, you've busted up one or two of mine on random matchmaking. I haven't been tracking who's got the best of those!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
FrUnit7 wrote:

It's mutual then, you've busted up one or two of mine on random matchmaking. I haven't been tracking who's got the best of those!

Unfortunately, you.

For the last 4,100 games I recorded, we met randomly 11 times online: you won 6 of these matches. We also played 1 free challenge that I won, and this Gold match that you won.

Next one is for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.