Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
165 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Star Realms» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: BGG Star Realms League -- Season 21, Silver Tier, Obliterator Division rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcel Bollmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the BGG Star Realms League!
This thread is for the twenty-first season of play.
The league rules can be found in the first post of the main announcement thread. Here are some basic reminders:

Every player should subscribe not only to their own divisional thread, but also to the main announcement thread. This is the only place that we will post notification about upcoming seasons. Additionally, if any player fails to thumb or post in this thread before the start of round 3, that player is liable to be removed from the league without notice (unless we have received prior notification).

If you anticipate being unavailable or on vacation in the next month, please notify your division commissioner as soon as possible.

Every match in this league is one game.

There is no set format for this division. Players should honor each others' preferences according to the "lowest common denominator" rule. For example, if one player prefers Type BF and another prefers Type 1BHF, that game should be played as Type BF.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them (or geekmail your DC, if you prefer).

The Division Commissioner for this division is Star Realms player Amaroid:
Marcel Bollmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The League Commissioner is Star Realms player networktoast:
Matthew Waymost
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Here are the members of this division, in the format of Star Realms username, BGG username, and expansion preference:

Name BGG Name Card Pref
firdammon firdammon NP
karmakanik karmakanik BHF
SlasherD dustin722 1BHF
danzdman danzdman BHF
iamthetick theobeast 1BHF
icesphere icesphere BHF
TieDyedGuy TieDyedGuy BHF
Cfudge Cfudge BF
FuzzyLogic0 FuzzyLogic0 BH
kolok kolok 1BHF
Mithrophon Mithrophon 1BH
WestDaddyUtd GThreepwood BHF

Round: 1

firdammon v. WestDaddyUtd
karmakanik v. Mithrophon
SlasherD v. kolok
danzdman v. FuzzyLogic0
iamthetick v. Cfudge
icesphere v. TieDyedGuy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Win Murray
msg tools
mbmbmb
Challenge issued to karmakanik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking in, lots of familiar names, tough competition.

Good luck to everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Vorster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
kolok wrote:
Checking in, lots of familiar names, tough competition.

Eish no kidding!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W.
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Challenge sent to cfudge. Good luck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Muniak
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Omg, me vs icesphere. This is like my fighting my idol. He's the reason I made the website and still play this game.

Time to kick his butt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leighton Robinson
Canada
flag msg tools
Same. half I know half I don't. Good opportunity to play some new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SlasherD challenged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TieDyedGuy wrote:
Omg, me vs icesphere. This is like my fighting my idol. He's the reason I made the website and still play this game.

Time to kick his butt.

Thanks Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In case anyone is feeling bored and you don't mind waiting a while for the computer to take its turn, I created a website where you can play against my simulator:

http://smartreaction.duckdns.org/star-realms/login.xhtml

To play against the computer:

Click on game options after you login and select the "Play Against Computer" option. After you select that it will also enable the "Show Simulation Info" option which if turned on will let you see the win percentages calculated when the simulator takes its turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kolok def. SlasherD (R1)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Central Office and Command Ship was also out in the opening TR shaping the proceedings. Slash was 1st with 2, could only do with an Exp. I was fortunate to have 4 which bought me Barter World; while t3 and t4 saw us both buying a pair of Exps (TR was at this time: Royal R., Frigate, CO, CS, Blue 1 Hero).

I was the lucky one to have 7 1st so took CO. I was a bit worried as Slash already had a Frigate and there was a Destroyer out as well, but my buy flipped Breeding Site, that was perfect for me as next I was guaranteed a strong Green 4 anyway. Slash took the Destroyer, BS was mine.

I was also fortunate to pick up Defense Center, I started to get into almost like, base spamming mode and the TR was cooperating as there was really no combat for sale, neither trade for that matter so we both continued to pick up Explorers here or there (especially Slash) having a half-eye on that Command Ship, but we also kept on missing that magic 8.

Then Central Office started to get its authority stamped on the game: first I topdecked a Patrol Mech, I still missed CS with that, but then Freighter popped up in the TR - and this situation was just perfect for getting a midgame Freighter: I had 3 Blue bases so there was a pretty good chance for getting CS - which I did.

With that, my advantage grew too big, even though Slash got hold of a Recycling Station and a formidable Blob task force (Destroyer, Carrier, Pod) and did unleash them on me I had too many Blues.

Gg, Dustin, I did not follow your turns that closely but you must have been unlucky with all those Explorers continuously missing out on the juicy stuff in the TR. Well played and good luck further on!

Edit: pls do forgive me if I got sg wrong but we were well into the game when I remembered that I would actually write a report of sorts about it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan V
msg tools
danzdman over FuzzyLogic0, gg!

It's cool that I can recognize some of you! Looking forward to playing again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firdammon just challenged (BHF): good luck mate!
ps: tough division guys, let's try not to be relegated this season
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Win Murray
msg tools
mbmbmb
icesphere wrote:
In case anyone is feeling bored and you don't mind waiting a while for the computer to take its turn, I created a website where you can play against my simulator:

http://smartreaction.duckdns.org/star-realms/login.xhtml

To play against the computer:

Click on game options after you login and select the "Play Against Computer" option. After you select that it will also enable the "Show Simulation Info" option which if turned on will let you see the win percentages calculated when the simulator takes its turn.

REALLY cool simulator! I'm going to play around with this for a while. Nicely done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Myers
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
karmakanik over mithrophon. Gg!

Next to no scrap and lots of damage made for a fast tight game. Mithrophon had some fearsome blobs that all bunched together in his first hand of deck 4. This got me down to the single digits, but with no damage left in his deck I was able to get my machine base up for two straight turns and draw myself into a winning hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Muniak
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
TieDyedGuy over Icesphere, gg!

WHERE'S YOUR SIMULATOR NOW?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TieDyedGuy wrote:
TieDyedGuy over Icesphere, gg!

WHERE'S YOUR SIMULATOR NOW?

GG - I didn't like my chances after your patrol bot and patrol mech managed to pair up after your first shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leighton Robinson
Canada
flag msg tools
Cfudge def iamthetick, gg

Those double freighters came at the right time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mb
kolok wrote:
Kolok def. SlasherD (R1)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Central Office and Command Ship was also out in the opening TR shaping the proceedings. Slash was 1st with 2, could only do with an Exp. I was fortunate to have 4 which bought me Barter World; while t3 and t4 saw us both buying a pair of Exps (TR was at this time: Royal R., Frigate, CO, CS, Blue 1 Hero).

I was the lucky one to have 7 1st so took CO. I was a bit worried as Slash already had a Frigate and there was a Destroyer out as well, but my buy flipped Breeding Site, that was perfect for me as next I was guaranteed a strong Green 4 anyway. Slash took the Destroyer, BS was mine.

I was also fortunate to pick up Defense Center, I started to get into almost like, base spamming mode and the TR was cooperating as there was really no combat for sale, neither trade for that matter so we both continued to pick up Explorers here or there (especially Slash) having a half-eye on that Command Ship, but we also kept on missing that magic 8.

Then Central Office started to get its authority stamped on the game: first I topdecked a Patrol Mech, I still missed CS with that, but then Freighter popped up in the TR - and this situation was just perfect for getting a midgame Freighter: I had 3 Blue bases so there was a pretty good chance for getting CS - which I did.

With that, my advantage grew too big, even though Slash got hold of a Recycling Station and a formidable Blob task force (Destroyer, Carrier, Pod) and did unleash them on me I had too many Blues.

Gg, Dustin, I did not follow your turns that closely but you must have been unlucky with all those Explorers continuously missing out on the juicy stuff in the TR. Well played and good luck further on!

Edit: pls do forgive me if I got sg wrong but we were well into the game when I remembered that I would actually write a report of sorts about it

It was a rough game for me... one of those games when nothing really came together. Oh well. It happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Bollmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
48 hours in, everyone has checked in, and only match to go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy G
Italy
Morbegno
Sondrio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amaroid wrote:
48 hours in, everyone has checked in, and only match to go!

WestDaddyUtd b Firdammon

gg mate, I've been lucky on that turn when I managed to make you discard 4: that wasted turn was the highlight of the game.

good luck for the rest of the season

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Bollmann
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then on we go.

Standings at the start of round 2
Tier: Silver Division: Obliterator
Name W L Pct Card Pref
Cfudge 1 0 100 BF
danzdman 1 0 100 BHF
karmakanik 1 0 100 BHF
kolok 1 0 100 1BHF
TieDyedGuy 1 0 100 BHF
WestDaddyUtd 1 0 100 BHF
firdammon 0 1 0 NP
FuzzyLogic0 0 1 0 BH
iamthetick 0 1 0 1BHF
icesphere 0 1 0 BHF
Mithrophon 0 1 0 1BH
SlasherD 0 1 0 1BHF

Round: 2

firdammon v. Mithrophon
karmakanik v. kolok
SlasherD v. FuzzyLogic0
danzdman v. Cfudge
iamthetick v. TieDyedGuy
icesphere v. WestDaddyUtd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan V
msg tools
nooooooooooo

Cfudge over danzdman, great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leighton Robinson
Canada
flag msg tools
That was scary. You pretty much drew all your damage in your deck. All you needed was that cutter. I almost didn't sack the trading post, but then I thought there's no way I can die, guess I was wrong. GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Myers
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
round 2

karmakanik over kolok in an epic 34 turn battle. gg!

lots of blue and not much combat made for a slow opening. kolok had the cutter and stealth needle combo to get a 25+ early authority advantage. but i was fortunate to get Brain World and even more fortunate to buy and draw the Obliterator after using BW's scrap on my last hand of deck 3 (?). kolok added Capitol World and more blue + scrap (but not a lot of damage). i went blobby, grabbing all 3 blob fighters and was able to top deck a much needed missile mech to blast through kolok's bases.

well played sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.