10 Posts

Secret Hitler» Forums » General

Subject: When its gonna be available for purchase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ivan Todorovic
msg tools
Hi,

just wondering does anybody have any idea when this might be able to hit the stores (europe) for regular purchase because i missed kickstarter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Allen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No information has been released on the commercial launch dates as of yet. Their site indicates that August 2016 was when they expected to ship to backers (and I'm pretty sure for a while it said April, don't quote me on it), with a commercial launch in the fall of 2016. However, following the setbacks they've had and the fact they're still fulfilling orders for backers, it seems likely that this timeframe is inaccurate. That being said, you can sign up to be alerted via text when it's commercially available on their website: http://www.secrethitler.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Todorovic
msg tools
Thank you for detailed answer... guess it wont be before 2017...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From today's Kickstarter update:
Quote:
Second Wave Update

The second wave of games begins shipping today! The second wave includes everyone who has completed their order since July 11th and the PAX East orders. Because of the holiday traffic, some games might not arrive until early next week; unfortunately, you may have to find another way to talk to your families about the dangers and lures of fascism.

Once the second wave is done, we'll fulfill newly-completed orders through PledgeManager on a rolling basis!

Retail Update

We will make Secret Hitler available at retail in the US shortly after we've finished sending out the second wave. We'd hoped to wait until all backers had the game in-hand before going to retail, but we can't afford to miss the holiday season. Fortunately, no second-wave games will be delayed by the sale.

We're still working on making Secret Hitler available internationally. As always, the best way to find out exactly when games go on sale is by signing up to be notified at secrethitler.com. If you signed up with an international number, we won't text you until the game is available internationally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Allen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news for those of us that are waiting for retail, but what a slap in the face to backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
ktfod wrote:
Great news for those of us that are waiting for retail, but what a slap in the face to backers.

??

The Kickstarter closed December 2015. Everyone who completed their orders before July 2016 already got their copy months ago. Now they've got their second shipment from overseas. They are setting aside some for everyone who didn't have their info filled out when the first shipment came in, some for people that ordered at PAX East, and the rest they are going to sell in stores.

Where's the slap in the face?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Allen
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LocutusZero wrote:
ktfod wrote:

??

The Kickstarter closed December 2015. Everyone who completed their orders before July 2016 already got their copy months ago. Now they've got their second shipment from overseas. They are setting aside some for everyone who didn't have their info filled out when the first shipment came in, some for people that ordered at PAX East, and the rest they are going to sell in stores.

It was not my understanding that they completely fulfilled backers' orders since they were still shipping orders from PledgeManager and they apologized for selling it commercially before fulfilling all orders. I apologize if this was misinformed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ktfod wrote:
LocutusZero wrote:
ktfod wrote:

??

It was not my understanding that they completely fulfilled backers' orders since they were still shipping orders from PledgeManager and they apologized for selling it commercially before fulfilling all orders. I apologize if this was misinformed.

I can confirm that I am a backer who properly filled out the pledg manager, and did not receive my complete order. They ran out, and had to order an additional print run to complete The rest of wave 1, as well as wave 2 and retail sales. I don't know that I feel a slap in the face, but it has been incredibly annoying how they have failed to properly communicate with backers about what happened, and how long it would take to receive everything. I'm still waiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please start shipping to Sweden, Europe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Partridge
United Kingdom
Dartford
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really hoping that they begin international sales soon, and that they print a decent number of copies in upcoming print runs. The demand for this seems quite high, so there shouldn't be any issues with stock not being sold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.