Popular Tags: [View All]
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be there for 5.30.

I'd like to try out Kraftwagen again. We played it at MidCon and I really enjoyed it. If you like Glen More you'll probably like this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tufty McTavish
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oooo, categorisations. Dangerous ground!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rowlands
United Kingdom
Amersham
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm happy to play Kraftwagen if there is space.

I will also bring power grid the card game. yet to try it and interested to see how it compares to power grid (which I really like but found too long to get others to play).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenrowlands2 wrote:
I'm happy to play Kraftwagen if there is space.

I will also bring power grid the card game. yet to try it and interested to see how it compares to power grid (which I really like but found too long to get others to play).

Steve I'd love to try that, I'm a big PG fan. Do you think it'll fit in after Kraftwagen, which should take approx 90 mins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rowlands
United Kingdom
Amersham
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Box says 60 minutes but who knows for a first game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fatboyguy wrote:
I'd like to try out Kraftwagen again.

Happy to join you in Kraftwagen, Guy. I have it but haven't played it. I was going to bring Grand Austria Hotel but I think you said you were keen to play it so I'll bring it along for next time instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stephenrowlands2 wrote:
power grid (which I really like but found too long to get others to play).

There are several Power Grid fans in the club, Steve, so aside from the card game you'll be able to get to play the main game reasonably regularly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kitsto wrote:
[q="fatboyguy"]I was going to bring Grand Austria Hotel but I think you said you were keen to play it so I'll bring it along for next time instead.

I'm sorry Chris, I forgot. I'd love to play it but it'll be good to get a second play of Kraftwagen in quickly as that tends to lock the rules in my head better for the future. Plus it's a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there tomorrow. Would love to play GAH sometime Chris - I like the other games by the same designers, so definitely want to give that a try too.

I'll bring Clank, City of Spies and Lorenzo Il Magnifico again. Though I'd really like to play Terraforming Mars again - Guy, you're in too much demand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fondue wrote:
Though I'd really like to play Terraforming Mars again

I'll bring it for you. I believe Eric may like it a little bit.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick - that's great: I'll pencil you in. I won't just bring it along just once. I'll keep it in the boot of the car so we can play it when there's an evening when those who want to are free.

Guy - you're not at fault: I didn't say last week that I would bring GAH this week - I just remembered your saying you'd like to give it a go so that's what prompted the thought. I'm just as keen to play Kraftwagen, not least since you've played it before so know how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Horn
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I shall be there for 5.30. Nick, are we terraforming Mars?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gali and I will be there to play anything.

Guess I will bring Abyss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I appear to have picked up a bit of a cold/throat thing, so will see how it is before deciding whether to come - don't want to spread the lurgi! Will bring my copy of TM if I do, along with other stuff.

Are you OK for keys if I don't show?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Olney
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm bringing black fleet and shinobi wah-taa if anyone is interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Davies
United Kingdom
Haddenham
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MartinHorn wrote:
I shall be there for 5.30. Nick, are we terraforming Mars?

If there's a copy around, I'm up for some red planet action#
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stewart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RippedFromTheCrypt wrote:
I'm bringing black fleet and shinobi wah-taa if anyone is interested?

I'm up for playing some of your games Hughbert
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell W
United Kingdom
Herts/Bucks
flag msg tools
I'll be there 5.30ish. up for anything, had my way a few weeks now.
I'll bring nothing personal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Merrick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be around for about 6:45. Like some of the suggestion but don't want to jump in as others have already booked seats. Happy to play most things.

I would like to get Power Grid out some time soon as Guy still has a few maps I have not played / only play once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rowlands
United Kingdom
Amersham
Bucks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think I have too much work on again. Very doubtful for me today and I know I can't make next week.

Man I feel sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Somerton
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
15 of us last night.

After food and chat my table started with my 2nd play of Kraftwagen. I played it on Saturday at MidCon and wanted to quickly get a repeat play so I could embed it in! I really like this game, i love the Glen More style action selection and how simple mechanics chain together to make interesting choices on almost every turn. Eric raced of research car bodies, I took the engine route , John focused on Grand Prix and Chris did a bit of everything. I think this is one those games where almost any route is valid. I managed to pip Eric at the end, probably due to grabbing the third designer.

I then moved on and had my 1st play of Discworld: Ankh-Morpork. I have wanting to try this since its release. I know it has mixed reviews but I quite enjoyed it. It is very light and has loads of 'take that', it swings on every turn. I learnt never to accidentally reveal your mission! Gali took the win by exhausting the draw deck.

On other tables I saw Terraforming Mars, Tesla vs. Edison: War of Currents, Diavolo, Black Fleet, Shinobi WAT-AAH! and I'm sure a few others I can't recall.

Oh and let's not forget our new member.....welcome!

Craig Walker
msg tools
mbmbmb

Roll on next week......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric N
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fatboyguy wrote:

... and I'm sure a few others I can't recall.

Indeed, you forgot POOP: The Game. Sadly I was... ahem... dethroned (shake) by Gali. I'm sure she will wear her brown crown with grace!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gali Limonova
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
ErictheHalfaBee wrote:
fatboyguy wrote:

... and I'm sure a few others I can't recall.

Indeed, you forgot POOP: The Game. Sadly I was... ahem... dethroned (shake) by Gali. I'm sure she will wear her brown crown with grace!

I'm afraid I've lost the privilege cry

Made the mistake of taking the game when visiting Mark's family where everyone managed to win at least twice, making it pretty much a free for all. I'm ashamed of myself and my inability to hold the crown soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.