9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Dumb question about storing/protecting cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter B
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi, I want to get some little bags to store cards in for games like Battelore. I have searched online and found 'deck protectors' but I believe these are for sleeving individual cards which is not what I want. I just want a bag for a whole bunch of cards. But i can't seem to find them online. Anyone know where to look or what I should be searching for?
Thanks,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inappropriate Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be honest, this sounds like a job for seal (sealy/sealie?) bags from eBay, that's what I do. Just find the appropriate size and buy a hundred for a few quid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joke Meister
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like you're looking for resealable zipper (or plastic) bags.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just use zip lock sandwich bags I get a the grocery store. All my C&C cards are in them and they work fine. (In reality, pretty much every card I own is in either a snack or sandwich size zip lock bag.)

I imagine you guys have the same sort of things over there...I just don't know the brand name they would go under.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen W
United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got some little resealable bags like that from Lakeland, I assume they still do them, trouble is on their website they have so many different types of plastic bag it's hard to find the size you want. It's easier if there is one of their shops near you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hobby stores sell bags of all different sizes for people who want to store jewelry bits or other little things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cardboard Hustle
United States
Sharonville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mmmmm...delicious cheese coney...
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:
hobby stores sell bags of all different sizes for people who want to store jewelry bits or other little things.

Yup. Jewelry makers have perfected the science of tiny storage bags. Check your local craft store, buy a couple sizes. You will use them all eventually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acedaryl1 wrote:
EllenCaroline wrote:

Yup. Jewelry makers have perfected the science of tiny storage bags. Check your local craft store, but a couple sizes. You will use them all eventually.

You can also get them places like Walmart in their craft section- we buy two different sizes of these bags from our local walmart, and larger one and a smaller size. The variety it great, and they're very inexpensive for such nice bags.

Just make sure you're getting the ones with the zipper seals! They have some that have an adhesive seal instead where the top of one side folds over, and you don't want those. The plastic their made of is crinkly and not as flexible and obviously the adhesive wears off after opening and closing them several times, and it's probably not something you'd want potentially getting on your cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently in a 100 Yen store in Japan I found plastic bags with designs, not just clear plastic. I'm thinking that I can store tiles from The Castles of Burgundy in the bags instead of dumping them out onto the table and having to turn all of them upside down. The pattern on the package I bought isn't 100% opaque, but it does hide the tiles enough to just draw out as many as needed for the next round without knowing what I'm drawing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.