Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Carolus Magnus» Forums » Rules

Subject: Two things about "Playing paladins in territories" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joo Han Yoon
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
- when a player plays paladins in territories, he may play ONE OR MORE IN A SINGLE TERRITORY or play JUST ONE IN EACH OF ONE OR MORE TERRITORIES.

that prevent playing one paladin in a territory, and also three paladins in a another territory at the same time.

Is that right, or wrong?



- every paladin PLAYED BY A PLAYER IN A TERRITORY IS ONE LESS PALADIN PLAYED IN HIS COURT for control of the color.

if i got three red paladins in my court, then i can't play more than two paladins in a territory(or territories).

Is that right, or wrong?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kwangara wrote:
- when a player plays paladins in territories, he may play ONE OR MORE IN A SINGLE TERRITORY or play JUST ONE IN EACH OF ONE OR MORE TERRITORIES.

that prevent playing one paladin in a territory, and also three paladins in a another territory at the same time.

Is that right, or wrong?

I can't find this rule in my book. As far as I was aware, you can choose to put all three in one territory, or one in each of three territories, etc ....



kwangara wrote:
- every paladin PLAYED BY A PLAYER IN A TERRITORY IS ONE LESS PALADIN PLAYED IN HIS COURT for control of the color.

if i got three red paladins in my court, then i can't play more than two paladins in a territory(or territories).

Is that right, or wrong?

Wrong.

All the rulebook is saying is that IF you enter a Paladin directly onto a territory, you'll only have two to enter into your court on that turn. (Likewise, if you put three inthe territories, you'll be playing none to your court that turn).


N.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Scott Johnson
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
kwangara wrote:
- when a player plays paladins in territories, he may play ONE OR MORE IN A SINGLE TERRITORY or play JUST ONE IN EACH OF ONE OR MORE TERRITORIES.

that prevent playing one paladin in a territory, and also three paladins in a another territory at the same time.

Is that right, or wrong?

I can't find this rule in my book. As far as I was aware, you can choose to put all three in one territory, or one in each of three territories, etc ....

You may place the three all in one territory, or one in one territory and two in another, or one in one, another in a second and another in a third territory.

"The three may be distributed at will at the Court or in one or more territories." (quoted from the rules at www.bg-anon.co.uk/files/Carolus%20Magnus%20Rules.doc )

Four three players, you place four paladins each turn, so you could place
4
3-1
2-2
2-1-1
1-1-1-1

into court and/or territories.

Quote:
kwangara wrote:
- every paladin PLAYED BY A PLAYER IN A TERRITORY IS ONE LESS PALADIN PLAYED IN HIS COURT for control of the color.

if i got three red paladins in my court, then i can't play more than two paladins in a territory(or territories).

Is that right, or wrong?

Wrong.

All the rulebook is saying is that IF you enter a Paladin directly onto a territory, you'll only have two to enter into your court on that turn. (Likewise, if you put three inthe territories, you'll be playing none to your court that turn).


N.


Moviebuffs is correct. What the rule is trying to say is something about strategy, not something about legal limits. It notes simply that placing a paladin somewhere means that it is not placed somewhere else.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joo Han Yoon
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thx for the kind answer.

what a nice & clear.

laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Ruetten
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I do see the quoted rule in my rulebook. I read it as meaning you can place all in one territory, or one each in multiple territories, but not one in one, and two in another.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In brief, you may place your paladins any way you please to maximize your strategy as Drew has pointed out.

Direct from the rule book:
"The player may split the paladins as he chooses among his court and the territories."

The wording later in that rule, to my mind, is meant, again as Drew pointed out, strategic possibilities rather than limits.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls