$5.00
$15.00
$20.00
Matt Dembek
Poland
flag msg tools
So i can't wrap my head about this one... Basicly I am able to boost my stat with cards +1(stat) for 1 resource.

How does that go along with enemy engaged to me.

I have a card that allows me to boost my combat for 1 resource. So i want to boost it before i fight the monster. For each resource i spent (using free thunderbolt effect) do i get attacked by the enemy? If i use 3 resources to boost my combat stat by 3. I get 3 attacks of opportunity?

Thanks for help in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Smith
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lightning bolt and Fast abilities do not trigger attacks of opportunity.

It's in the rules somewhere but can't reference it just now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dee
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mb
You only provoke Attacks of Opportunity from suitable enemies if you take an action, except if that action is Fight, Evade, Parley or Resign, or playing a card which includes that action type in bold in the ability text.

The important thing there is "if you take an action."

The lightning symbol indicates an ability you can use during a Free Trigger window, so using it doesn't involve taking an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Solberg
Norway
Horten
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I got this right, you have a "PLAYER WINDOW" right before revealing the chaos token, where you can trigger it. As you are already in the "FIGHT"-action, no "ATTACK OF OPPORTUNITY" is made by the monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Broom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Catanid wrote:
If I got this right, you have a "PLAYER WINDOW" right before revealing the chaos token, where you can trigger it. As you are already in the "FIGHT"-action, no "ATTACK OF OPPORTUNITY" is made by the monster.

Not strictly accurate, though the end result is correct.

No "Attack of Opportunity" takes place because the use of the trigger ability is not an Action. "Attacks of Opportunity" are a response to an Action, except for a sub-set of actions (Fight, Evade, Parley or Resign).

So the "Attack of Opportunity" doesn't occur, not because you are already in the FIGHT action, but because the use of the trigger ability is not an Action, so doesn't satisfy the condition above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.