Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Bourrillion
United States
Mountain View
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One time a friend's dad was visiting him from Sao Paulo, and during his visit was one of my game nights. He spoke no English, but as I taught the rules of Modern Art to the table, his son would translate for him. He did pretty well and had a good time.

Many months later when he came to visit again, he brought a copy of Arte Moderna with him and via his son GAVE IT TO ME!

How classy is that??

But then comes the bad news. After season 2 we were all taking our three additional cards, and we came up two short! Turns out there 2 paintings from the uh... *orange* artist missing in my copy!

I would hate for my friend's dad to find out and feel like he got me an inferior present.

Anyway, I guess we all have our experiences of game packaging errors like this, so I don't know why I'm even posting, but -- with Arte Moderna you should probably count your cards up before you play your first game.

Otherwise, the cards are unusual but very pretty.. the money tokens quite impractical. But what a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bohnenberger
United States
Swarthmore
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the cards with this game the same as those from the mayfair "first" edition (1996?). If so, I be able to help you out. My set was short a card and they sent me a whole deck, which I still have (except that one card...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dweeb wrote:
Are the cards with this game the same as those from the mayfair "first" edition (1996?).

Er... no, not even close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls