Popular Tags: [View All]
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for this expansion is a puzzle in itself.
I'm not the sharpest knife either, so I could need some help, please

1) Non of the new buildings are shuffled in the goods deck, but piled up by type on the table? I guess so.

2) Non of the person cards are shuffled in the goods deck at start? I guess not.

3) The setup card for the solo play (full version) tells me to read card #37, where it says the game ends with at least 32 points and 1 fist. What is the fist, and where is it explained? I'm guessing 1 Helper.

4) Number of available helpers for solo play is? I am guessing 2.
Oh, found it in the forum, thanks: 2 in a solo game.

Thanks!

Edit: Changed subject field for future reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Heath
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Ouch, watch where you're pointing that thing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What's the fist? and other dumb questions
1. Yep, you just need the buildings it tells you for the current scenario and they go in a display

2. No, you'll be told when they're needed

3. The fist is 1 strength, provided by one of the new buildings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This expansion provides several ways to play, so the answer to these questions will depend.

1) In principle you do not shuffle in anything...but without giving spoilers, each chapter makes you shuffle some cards into the next chapter

2)Nope, those are event cards that....guess what? the chapter will tell you when to shuffle

3)Look at the rulebook, small watchtower card (no, it is not a worker. It is a new resource called strength)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
greetingsfrombergen wrote:
1) Non of the new buildings are shuffled in the goods deck, but piled up by type on the table? I guess so.

Follow what the setup & event cards say for the chapter you're playing; some are shuffled in at certain times, others are put in piles next to the assistants. The cards should all be numbered (bottom-right) so you can find the required ones quickly.

2) Non of the person cards are shuffled in the goods deck at start? I guess not.

Again, only if/when setup/event cards say so.

3) The setup card for the solo play (full version) tells me to read card #37, where it says the game ends with at least 32 points and 1 fist. What is the fist, and where is it explained? I'm guessing 1 Helper.

The fist is the icon on the Watchtower cards, so it means you need to have built at least one Watchtower; the Watchtower cards will become available as a result of one of the events (only the Small Watchtowers in Chapter 1; not sure when the Large Watchtowers come out as I've not progressed that far!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Don't guess! Rules, page 3: "The new buildings are introduced little by little by the Event cards. When they are, place then in separate piles in the display."

Same concept: they are added as described on the event card that puts them into play. For example, Event 17 puts Tony Merz into play: "Show card 57 to all players and shuffle it into the deck."

The fist symbol is Strength, found on Watchtowers of all varieties.

4) Number of available helpers for solo play is? I am guessing 2.
Oh, found it in the forum, thanks: 2 in a solo game.
[/q]

I hope that helps!
Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fridjof B
Norway
Tranby
Norway
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. What great ressources in this community!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say, I agree with the OP. I know it was just a small expansion, but the rules left a lot to be desired. It took several tries to make it through my first play of the expansion (and even then I hadn't figured out what the fist was). Now, after 3 plays, I think it completely saves OMG. I've only soloed it so far (and have yet to get past Chapter 1) but I'm finally excited to try this multi-player.

So, on the one hand, I'm frustrated that the rulebook wasn't more comprehensive but on the other hand I'm super-pumped at how much this improves the base game!

I'm one of those people who really like small form factors, so, personally, I'm happiest that it's in two small card boxes. However, if at some point, you re-issued this in an Arboretum/Eternity-sized box, I think it would do very, very well.

Between this and Isle of Skye, I'm able to forgive Broom Service and Mombasa (what an unbelievable year! here's hoping 2017 is just as great!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.