Subject: Marvel Theme Conversion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using cards from my Marvel Legendary game to re-theme this game into a Marvel superhero one. I've come up with who I want to replace most characters, trying to keep in mind the theme so that it makes sense with the hero's and villain's abilities. I need help with who to use for the Tanner and I'd like to hear what you think about my choices and entertain your suggestions for any changes. Here's who I have so far:

Werewolf = Loki
Minion = Skrull Shapeshifter
Doppelganger = Mystique
Seer = Professor-X
Masons = S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents
Hunter = Punisher
Troublemaker = Deadpool
Villagers = Bystanders
Robber = Wolverine
Drunk = Black Cat
Insomniac = Jean Grey
Tanner = ???

The Tanner is tough, because they have to die to win. What Marvel Hero or Villain would fit that theme?

Loki is a great choice to replace the werewolf, I think, because he can use his powers of illusion to confuse and deceive the heroes.

Finally, do you think Wolverine is the best fit for replacing the Robber? He's kind of an anti-hero so he could be on either team, which is why I chose him, but perhaps there is a better suggestion?

Thanks for your consideration of this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm no Marvel Expert, but here are my suggestions.

Robber= Rogue
Tanner= Jean Grey/Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invasion81 wrote:

Robber= Rogue

Thanks for your reply!

Can you explain your rationalization for Rogue as the robber?

I don't think Phoenix is in the Legendary game and I forgot to mention that I replaced the Insomniac with Jean Grey. I figured Jean Grey would know when something had changed, so that seemed to make sense. If I'm going to use Jean Grey as the Tanner, I'd have to come up with a different Insomniac. Any suggestions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ley
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pinkled5 wrote:
Invasion81 wrote:

Robber= Rogue

Thanks for your reply!

I don't think Phoenix is in the Legendary game and I forgot to mention that I replaced the Insomniac with Jean Grey. I figured Jean Grey would know when something had changed, so that seemed to make sense. If I'm going to use Jean Grey as the Tanner, I'd have to come up with a different Insomniac. Any suggestions?

Rogue has the ability to steal other peoples powers. While not exactly the the robber, she becomes (power wise) what she touches.

I need to think about the insomniac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invasion81 wrote:
pinkled5 wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

Rogue has the ability to steal other peoples powers. While not exactly the the robber, she becomes (power wise) what she touches.

Very true! From that perspective it would work well. My only concern is that she could become a bad guy if she steals a werewolf team card and that doesn't really fit her MO, as she's not an anti-hero. But I really like your suggestion a lot better than who I chose (Wolverine).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Steele
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'm subscribed to most of the Legendary forums, so this was an interesting crossover to get in my feed. I'll review it a bit more when I'm not working, but offhand, I can suggest Phoenix Force Cyclops for Tanner. Either that, or Enchantress's covert KO (I forget the name).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkled5 wrote:
Invasion81 wrote:
pinkled5 wrote:
Thanks for your reply!

Very true! From that perspective it would work well. My only concern is that she could become a bad guy if she steals a werewolf team card and that doesn't really fit her MO, as she's not an anti-hero. But I really like your suggestion a lot better than who I chose (Wolverine).

Didn't Rogue start out as a villain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkled5 wrote:
The Tanner is tough, because they have to die to win. What Marvel Hero or Villain would fit that theme?

Deadpool? Kraven? Thanos? Or go for the movie-verse and have Crossbones or Zemo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Organous wrote:
I can suggest Phoenix Force Cyclops for Tanner. Either that, or Enchantress's covert KO (I forget the name).

Thanks for the suggestions!

Cyclops? Because he dies in the movie, I take it? As far as Enchantress goes, I don't know much about her so I'm not sure how she fits. Care to elaborate?

BTW, the text on the cards is ignored.

BlackSheep wrote:
Deadpool? Kraven? Thanos? Or go for the movie-verse and have Crossbones or Zemo.

Deadpool is already being used in place of the Troublemaker, so he's out. How would Kraven or Thanos fit the Tanner theme?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkled5 wrote:
Deadpool is already being used in place of the Troublemaker, so he's out. How would Kraven or Thanos fit the Tanner theme?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven%27s_Last_Hunt

Thanos is a death-seeker. He's in love with the Marvel embodiment of death; that's why the movies made the joke about 'courting death'. He'd make some sense as winning by dying because then he finally gets to be with her.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
pinkled5 wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraven%27s_Last_Hunt

Thanos is a death-seeker. He's in love with the Marvel embodiment of death; that's why the movies made the joke about 'courting death'. He'd make some sense as winning by dying because then he finally gets to be with her.

Ahhh, that makes sense. I remember reading something about that. Didn't Thanos curse Deadpool with immortality to prevent him from ever being able to be with Death, whom he also loved? it is a great suggestion, but it may be a little too obscure for my .

I'm tweaking the verbiage in this conversion a bit and that may have solved my problem. Read my next post and let me know what you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pinkled5 wrote:

I think I found my solution, and it lay in changing the verbiage.

In ONUW all players vote on who they would like to kill. In this conversion, I'm changing it to all players vote on who they want to attack. After all, how can you kill off Loki, one of the best Marvel villains out there? But the heroes can be working to attack and defeat him!

Now that we're attacking and not killing, I thought the Hulk would be a great choice for the Tanner. Like the Tanner, the Hulk is a bit of a loose cannon. Loki will lose if the Hulk is attacked (you don't want to make him mad!). But the hero team will lose if the Hulk is attacked and Loki is not in the game (again, you don't want to make him mad!)

What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pixxel Wizzard
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completed the conversion. You may download it in the files section: https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/139920/marvel-conversion-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.