Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So yup newbie here... sorry

Generally, when you get an expansion, do you shove all the content together in the one big box (possibly separating the tiles)?

I see that most expansions come with new conditions and a chunk of shop items. I gather that the new conditions will only be relevant to the specific monsters that cause those conditions thus will only get used in the specific campaigns with those monsters.. but other things like shop items interest me.

Do you have one huge shop containing everything, even if you are only playing core-set campaign? Or do you tend to just add the components specific to a campaign at the point you play that campaign?

Very curious on how each person approaches this please

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Hollywood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use all the shop items every time.

The conditions don't matter, because you're simply going to have to use whatever conditions your monsters and heroes are capable of applying to people.

We always choose from among all the heroes and classes.

As Overlord, isntead of choosing from the full set of all monsters (with appropriate terrain symbols), I like to only choose from the monsters that come from the sets the heroes came from, just as an extra restriction on myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fox Reinard
msg tools
In each rulebook for the expansions they explain how you go about incorporating the new components. First: Everyone playing decides on what to incorporate. Then, just shove everything you are using together.

Some things won't be in use outside of specific expansions. Shadow of Nerekhall city event cards operate the same as travel event cards but they are not mixed in. The Influence from Shadow of Nerekhall is only used in those quests. Corrupt Citizen cards (Shadow of Nerekhall again!) are not used in any other quests because they are quest rewards for that campaign.

All shop items, new conditions, new monsters, new heroes, these are added to any campaign you want to play. In the case of shop cards, the items available form one deck per act.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks folks thats useful

I hope to buy a bulk lot of content and will be playing 99% solo so knowing that if this happens I should bung all the shop cards into a huge pile from day-1 is very useful thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mixing stuff together is fine (and encouraged), but it's still important to remember the general rule for combining expansions: expansion content is all-or-none by expansion. If you want to use Nerekhall shop items, heroes should have the option of selecting a Nerekhall hero or class, and the overlord should have the option of using Nerekhall monsters as open groups (they don't need to be used or selected, the option just needs to be there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bucho Bucho
msg tools
mb
The rules in each expansion explain what to do. Some things that will only be used in that expansions campaign are best left in said campaigns box. The lieutenant(s) stuff (unless you have the corresponding lieutenant packs). The relics, campaign book, and tiles.

The rest really needs to get stored together because they can get used in multiple campaigns. For instance you mentioned monsters, monsters are not actually quest specific because the overlord is routinely asked to place open groups and that means that he can place any monster group from any campaign or H/M pack that's thematically appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again, great advice thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.