$20.00
$15.00
$5.00
$30.00
Jean-Luc Simard
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got to try the game this week, and it was fun! Got a Medal of Honor in both of my first games, so I'm wondering if I had been lucky or if I misplayed some rules. I did verify online and looks like I did everything right, but there are two questions I'd like to confirm:

1) Capturing objectives: the rules mention that to capture an objective, al units need to be engaged. Does that mean that you need to have an actual Allied unit in front of each German unit, or is Suppressing the units sufficient? The rules do mention this in the Suppression definition:

"Suppressed Axis units will not return fire. These Axis cards are considered engaged."

So, to take a concrete example, if the Battleground has a Roadblock, a German Infantry, a Terrain and an Objective, can I capture the objective by playing a Machine Gun in support (suppressing the Roadblock and Infantry), and playing a 1+ Firepower unit in front of the objective?

2) When multiple Static Defenses are stacked in the right slot, do they all have to be engaged at once, or can you engage them individually?

For example, three Blockhouses are stacked in the right slot. I have the 57mm gun and a 1-Defense Paratrooper. Can I engage one of the Blockhouse with both units, destroying the Blockhouse and loosing the paratrooper, but saving the gun (as the Blockhouse would have only 3 - (1+1) firepower left? Or would I suffer the attack from all three Blockhouses?

3) When revealing a second Objective or Terrain when filling the Battleground, you put it in the Recon area to be deployed the next turn. If this was the fourth card of the Battleground, do you replace it with a new card from the Mission deck, or does the slot stay empty? The rules do mention filling the four slots, but aren't clear about replacing a card put in Recon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kight
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me try....

Jaels wrote:
1) Capturing objectives: the rules mention that to capture an objective, al units need to be engaged. Does that mean that you need to have an actual Allied unit in front of each German unit, or is Suppressing the units sufficient? The rules do mention this in the Suppression definition:

"Suppressed Axis units will not return fire. These Axis cards are considered engaged."

So, to take a concrete example, if the Battleground has a Roadblock, a German Infantry, a Terrain and an Objective, can I capture the objective by playing a Machine Gun in support (suppressing the Roadblock and Infantry), and playing a 1+ Firepower unit in front of the objective?


Looks right to me.

Jaels wrote:
2) When multiple Static Defenses are stacked in the right slot, do they all have to be engaged at once, or can you engage them individually?

For example, three Blockhouses are stacked in the right slot. I have the 57mm gun and a 1-Defense Paratrooper. Can I engage one of the Blockhouse with both units, destroying the Blockhouse and loosing the paratrooper, but saving the gun (as the Blockhouse would have only 3 - (1+1) firepower left? Or would I suffer the attack from all three Blockhouses?


You may engage them singularly and they return fire singularly. They are stacked only to maintain the impression of four battleground slots.

Jaels wrote:
3) When revealing a second Objective or Terrain when filling the Battleground, you put it in the Recon area to be deployed the next turn. If this was the fourth card of the Battleground, do you replace it with a new card from the Mission deck, or does the slot stay empty? The rules do mention filling the four slots, but aren't clear about replacing a card put in Recon.


All four slots are refilled. If you have one or more blockhouses/road blocks in the fourth slot, you will usually be refilling just the first three.

Hope it helps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Luc Simard
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Three questions: capturing Objectives, engaging Static Defenses, and filling the Battleground when multiple Terrains/Objectives show up.
Thanks, this is how I ran 1 & 3. I ran 2 as a single entity to attack (which made it more difficult for me), but was lucky enough that it was only roadblocks that stacked in my games (so I could deal with them with suppressing fire) and not Blockhouses.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.