Shadowscape» Forums » Rules

Subject: PNP rulebook rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M K
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
finally gave the pnp version a spin, some discrepancies with the rulebook (if I'm blind let me know blush)

- what does the room card with the movement icon mean? I assume it's a shrine, but for what?

- setup speaks of reverse turn order, yet turn order is never mentioned anywhere else. is it clockwise, random or any other criteria?

- when do cards refresh? at the end of you turn, beginning of your next turn?

- when preparing the whisper deck in cooperative, what does "do not remove cards" mean? put them on top or aside till needed?

- EDIT: another one: when does visibility count? for example I use an action that counts the numbers of skill symbols visible, does that include the symbol on the card I used? or is it action -> flip -> count (meaning it would be one less)?

- with the issue above, are we allowed to look at the back of our own action cards to plan ahead etc.?

- the PNP version has different treasure tokens than shown in the rulebook, I assume the number is the search value you have to beat, but is it supposed to be visible for everyone or hidden till you search (ie you don't know the number till you're in the room and searching).

- personal gripe: there is no overview of a card's anatomy in the rulebook; some are explained in relevance to the actual rules (like boosting), however that makes it a bit annoying to just find out "what does this icon do?!", and in the worst case it simply gets forgotten (like the reinforcement box in the hearts of the mist rulebook - it's mentioned twice, but never shown where it actually is. you can either assume where it is or check the original mistfall rulebook robot).

after all that negativity a bit of positive feedback, while the game takes some getting used to (in a good way!) the first solitaire game looked quite interesting, definitely have to check out more of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.