Nightmare Forest: Alien Invasion» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Beta Test Reviewer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Baxter
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Theme : Loved the theme. I honestly thought I was in a retro alien hunting game.

Replayable: Alot! A super lot. Due to the element of randomness on card placement, abilities for your character, and gear.. Each game is different.

Players: Can do 1-6 easily. It scales really well and forces alot of cooperation between the players in the game.

Difficulty: If people are meshing well, I can say 50% of the time, you will win this. If you are playing smart and getting good gear, it will go up to 60%. If you aren't doing either, it is worse than Pandemic on its win percentages.

Play length : The first games will be the longest as you play as you are discovering play strategies that work and ones that don't. Also, you are needing to learn how others work. So estimate 45 min maybe more on larger amount of players. If everyone knows the rules, the game goes very fast. We completed a 2 player in under 20 minutes even with indepth talk on how to take on the boss cards.

My only nitpick about this game is more of a personal one. Occasionally, your rolls are just going to suck and someone gets hosed (One of the games, I encountered 3 turrents and killed the entire team off.....). Not much you can do on that. Sometimes luck is on your side in a fight, sometimes it isn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.