Popular Tags: [View All]
Hwang JaeHo
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 11, 14.Withdrawal Moves ~~~~ Withdrawal Moves

One Question

1. Rule book: A withdrawing block cannot enter a position between the same two areas the block was between before the withdrawal.

I can not understand. What does the above sentence mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is where you have to literally look at what is happening on the map. First, note the starting position of your block. This position is between two areas. Then, during your withdrawal move you may not enter any position that is between those two areas.

I don't have the map in front of me, but there may be odd cases where this could occur, based on how the areas are laid out. Also, this eliminates any circumstance where a block could somehow withdraw and wind up back where it started or even pass through that starting position.

I do recall there are places on the map where two positions are adjacent to each other and both positions are between the same two areas. So you could not withdraw from one of these to the other, for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fivelement wrote:
Page 11, 14.Withdrawal Moves ~~~~ Withdrawal Moves

One Question

1. Rule book: A withdrawing block cannot enter a position between the same two areas the block was between before the withdrawal.

I can not understand. What does the above sentence mean?

There a few "areas" that have 2 positions on the same "side" (one of them is outside of Gettysburg} If you are in one of those positions and have to withdraw (or wish to in withdraw orders) you could not just move to the position beside you as it is still located between the same 2 areas. Look at the map around Gettysburg towards where the Confederate forces come from there are a couple of these kind of areas there, and I think a couple further down (towards the Confederate reinforcement areas) on the Chambersburg road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
✔✔✔✔✔➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Grabbing a specific image:

Consider the positions occupied by the two center blocks: each bounds Areas 22 and 23. A block starting a withdrawal in either position — one that bounds 22 and 23 — (assume no other blocks are present) could not withdraw through the other such position, because that position also bounds 22 and 23.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hwang JaeHo
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx~~Reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.