Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for a decent Go board and stones in the NY/NJ area. I would prefer a place where I can handle it and see it in person before I purchase.

I've been to a couple of Japanese shops only to find less than stellar sets. Help me out!

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Bates
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compleat Strategist on East 33rd sells them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
Palisades Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what japanese shops did you go to? just curious.

you might check the go clubs. 2 are reportedly in flushing (one korean, one chinese), both near the flushing subway stop. i have never visited either myself, so you might check and make sure they are still operating.

Korea Baduk Club of NY
36-18 Union Street
DAILY 11AM-12 Midnight

New York Wei-chi Society
35-30 Union St
Sat and Sun after 12pm
http://www.mindspring.com/~nyweiqisociety/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a long time, but in Flushing Queens there was a store that sold Mahjong and Go stuff, can't remember where it was and to be honest I wouldn't even know if it's still around, but a store like that might have nicer sets. Plus TONS of good eats all over Flushing. I'd be really broke if I lived near there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.