Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Boreham
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone got any tips to speed up the set up of the 'short' game?

Setting up all the areas seems to take forever (feels close to an hour, but sure its not) and it stops me from busting this out.

Leaving the game set up for play over a number of days is not possible as I game on the dining table plus we have an inquisitive 3 year old!!

Its just such a drag... there must be a way of storing it someway to assist set up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Reschreiter
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VASSAL?! Setup takes 1 sec, or rather as fast as you can click it :)

Plus, leaving it 'up' is not an issue. AND, it does all the calculations for you as you go along - I do this for solo all the time, as just so convenient!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boreham
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
hreschreiter wrote:
VASSAL?! Setup takes 1 sec, or rather as fast as you can click it

Plus, leaving it 'up' is not an issue. AND, it does all the calculations for you as you go along - I do this for solo all the time, as just so convenient!

Nah, there is something about the physical version that you cant beat!

I've played before on Vassal, but I prefer to get away from computers (as I work on one all day) and 'video games' as its my other hobby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Carey
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played the short game. It does take awhile to set up, similar to the longer games. It does take less time to play though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Míka
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe print starting map from Vassal and use for setup it instead of list from the rulebook. I haven't tried it but I red somewhere here on BGG that some people prefer to setup the game this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian van Someren
Netherlands
Groningen
Groningen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this: Short scenario Setup Picture
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The 12 Available US Troops are missing in that setup picture, but other than that it seems correct.

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Boreham
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mb
Pemik wrote:
Maybe print starting map from Vassal and use for setup it instead of list from the rulebook. I haven't tried it but I red somewhere here on BGG that some people prefer to setup the game this way.

That's not a bad idea! Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.