Scythe: Invaders from Afar» Forums » General

Subject: Release Date rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Beutel

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
Does anyone know the actual date of this release from CSI or Miniature Market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got my shipping notice for my preorder last night, so it should be very son.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Beutel

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
Did you buy it from CSI or Miniature Market please? I can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Bieri
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a quote in another question from Jamey Stegmaier:

"We're making a LOT of copies of the expansion, and they'll be arriving in three waves: early November, late November, and mid-December."

Depending how many CSI or MM ordered and at what spot you placed your order for it may effect when yours ships out. Like when I preordered Cry Havoc I didn't preorder it soon enough for it to be fulfilled on the first order they got in. It was ready a few weeks later though.

Now that it is mid-November though I'm assuming this is the round coming out now that was thought to be early November?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The arrival date is a little different than the release date. For example, the Scythe expansion arrived at our warehouse two weeks ago, but it isn't shipping out to distributors until this week, meaning that retailers probably will start to get it next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Beutel

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
The suspense! I have the Scythe expansion, the metal coins, the token trilogy, and Tuscanny Essentials all on the same order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. I. H
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jamey, do you happen to know if any copies are going to be sent to retailers in Finland? I reserved my copy with one, but they have no news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AIH: Perhaps through distribution, but I'm several layers disconnected from that. The only retailers I know about for sure are those who pre-ordered it directly from us: http://stonemaiergames.com/games/tuscany/tuscany-essential-e...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I pre-ordered my copy through Miniature Market and it still says 'order awaiting release' as well. Hopefully soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered mine from meeplesource... hopefully they are on the November list...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Tripp
United States
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just placed an order a minute ago from Funagain Games, which have it listed to release this Friday. Here's hoping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I preordered mine September 25th. I would hope that was early enough to receive the first wave of shipments!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Not a big fan of MM :/ Anyone else received theirs from MM?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered from funagain in Oct, they haven't contacted me to resolve payment yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl T
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Any updates on release. Still shows as preorder status on MM's page yet someone claimed it was released friday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, my warehouse informed me yesterday that they did not ship out copies to distributors last week despite my instructions. They assure me that they'll ship out this week, but it's a short week, so I don't know how much I can count on that.

I know this isn't the answer you want, but the best answer I have is: The release date is whenever retailers get it. My hope is this will be sometime next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dejun King
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
All is good Jamey, at least you are brave enough to communicate with the community even when things aren't going as planned so no need to apologies for bad news especially when you are not the cause We are all excited to get the new factions and although it is taking longer than we would like we all know it will be worth the wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dejun, I appreciate your understanding. It's a good lesson for me to be crystal clear with my broker when I've advertised a specific release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maksim Kenzin
Russia
Irkutsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jamey, does this problem concerns only US retailers or European as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maksin: For the most part it doesn't impact Europe, because we had two big distributors in Europe buy Scythe and the expansion directly from us in China. They're due to be released in stores next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Riel
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Canada part of the US distribution miscommunication?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as another data point re release dates and communication:
I pre-ordered the expansion from my FLGS about a month ago. Their website showed an expected release date of 11/1, although I suspected that this was overly optimistic based on what I'd read in this thread. I checked in with them last week to see if they'd gotten any new info (their website still shows 11/1). They contacted their distributor and got back to me that the distributor had no new info on what the latest release date might be. So there's that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the scoop, Matthew. I send a monthly update to all of the retailers and distributors on our mailing list, so it sounds like your FLGS and their distributor could benefit by being on that list. I'm happy to get in touch with the FLGS if you give me their name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TimothyDRiel wrote:
Is Canada part of the US distribution miscommunication?

Love to hear about this as well. Still no sign of the expansion in the great north.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the word from my warehouse (in St. Louis) about Canadian distributors:

"Both Lion Rampant and Universal Distribution have ordered it, and both shipped yesterday. That means that they'll receive it at the border the beginning of next week. How soon they have it in stock after that depends on their customs clearance schedule and ship time from the border."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.