Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

About 5 weeks ago WizKids agreed to replace a broken ship, but it still has not been sent. And noone replies to my emails.
Has anyone else experienced this?

I guess it will arrive if I am just patient, but I do start to wonder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael_Olsen wrote:

About 5 weeks ago WizKids agreed to replace a broken ship, but it still has not been sent. And noone replies to my emails.

It took them 7 months to get me my Mage Knight expansion replacements, though it took a lot less time (4 or 5 weeks) for them to send a missing stand for my Borg Cube.

Neither time did WizKids communicate anything to me once. The item just showed up eventually. Not the greatest Customer Service experience, to say the least, but they did eventually deliver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's also worth remembering that they are an American company so I'd you are not a resident of America then the shipping takes a bit longer to reach you.

From my own experience it took about a month to get me replacement dial connectors in the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Typheron wrote:
It's also worth remembering that they are an American company so I'd you are not a resident of America then the shipping takes a bit longer to reach you.

True, true, but the item appears as unshipped in their replacement system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the game came out I have needed to contact them 3 or 4 times. Each time it took about 2 weeks. Thats not bad. If you are outside the us you will have to add some time to that so 1 they can confirm your receipt and 2 customs checks are up to the individual countries. I know from eBay shippong that some European countries can take 2-3 weeks for that alone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr S Baldrick wrote:
Since the game came out I have needed to contact them 3 or 4 times. Each time it took about 2 weeks. Thats not bad. If you are outside the us you will have to add some time to that so 1 they can confirm your receipt and 2 customs checks are up to the individual countries. I know from eBay shippong that some European countries can take 2-3 weeks for that alone.

As I mentioned above the item has not been shipped, so customs is not an issue.

It has been some 5 weeks or so since they accepted to return it. All they needed to do in those 5 weeks was to actually ship it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Horinek
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
Dan Dare, 1950
badge
Stairway scare, Dan Dare, who's there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was waiting about 3 months for my Hirogen ship.
I have been waiting over one month for a couple of tiles to Fleet Captains - they haven't even shipped yet.
Such a shi**y service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
At this point there is probably 1 person assigned to STAW, probably the newest intern, with his desk in the basement next to the steam tunnels with no light.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
"Ahh! The aroma of several adventure games emanates from your person."
badge
"Save early, save often."
mbmbmbmbmb
Which ship was it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EduSun Trebor wrote:
Which ship was it?

Kraxon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For what it is worth, the status just got updated to "Shipped". I prefer to think it is a coincidence that happened about 24 hours after posting here.

Thanks for the input everyone. Seems 5 weeks was not uncommon after all, which did put my mind at ease.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speak the name of thine familiar and thy wish art fulfilled.

Seriously, though. I have a spare Galor class ship that I would have sent. ^^ Glad to see this is working out after all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Toomey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Michael_Olsen wrote:

Wait, wizkids have an email?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Toomey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Talking of customer service I had 10 ships turn up yesterday. The postman was juggling the parcels and laughing. (A juggling postman at your door; You get real service round here).

So one was a Ni'var I'd won on eBay. Opened it up. They'd sent a Soong. They even had got the packing note wrong. I wouldn't mind but I already got one and have no desire for more.

Then I opened up my bargain basement Ratosha I'd picked up at a great online store I've been using for years. They'd sent a Denorious. Again, I wouldn't mind but I've no great desire to run a Bajoran Lightship Swarm Of Doom!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oof. ^^; That's some bad service there. At least they got the faction right for the second ship though. Are you sending them back for the right stuff?

And on that note, I wonder if Bajorans have papier-mâché...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Toomey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
EduSun Trebor wrote:
Oof. ^^; That's some bad service there. At least they got the faction right for the second ship though. Are you sending them back for the right stuff?

And on that note, I wonder if Bajorans have papier-mâché...

A happy ending. Both stores straight up told me to keep them as there was no point in sending them back and they are sending out the correct packs.

I gave them both to my buddy. He loves Borg and wants to put improved hull on the light ship for a cheap fighter carrier

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wood
United States
Cambridge
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, more power to him. You know what they say: If life gives you lemons, make some combustible lemons! ... Or maybe that was just Cave Johnson, but you get the idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.