Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a time of struggle and lonely map tiles.

Hello everyone and welcome to my humble table.
My name's Bertrand, or FeyrBert/Feyr/Bert/Pizza&Mandolino (one of these is not like the others), and am gladly making myself at your disposal to wreck some puny Reb-...I mean to achieve glory and the freedom of the galaxy! (from the rebel scums and anarchy ninja)

At my disposal I have the Core set, the Twin Shadows and the Return to Hoth expansions and the following packs in date of release order:
- Han Solo
- Chewbacca
- Luke Skywalker (Duh.)
- IG-88
- Darth Vader (Duh. Ep.2)
- Royal Guard Champion
- R2-D2 & C-3PO
- Boba Fett
- Hired Guns
- Echo Base Soldiers

I'm equipped with Vassal for the maps and the missions setup and we'll be using the forum dice roller, the tabs and the badges that all the amazing people that where here before me put at our disposal.
This will be my fourth campaign (second one as the Empire) and my first one online through the PBF method.

Feel free to answer here if you're in any way insterested in getting slaught-...accompanied on a new and exciting adventure!

Now tilt your display at 45° and slowly move it forward
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Weberup
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I'm very interested, especially if it could be a fairly active PBF.
I love this game, but one of my groups only like euros and in my other group only 3 out of 5 likes the game very much, so our campaign never got going.
So I'm quite starved for IA and would be super excited to join and would be interested in any campaign.

I began a RAIV using Vassal (did't like it, not enough challenge) so I'm fairly familiar with the mod myself if you need any help with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Webbe wrote:
Hi!

I'm very interested, especially if it could be a fairly active PBF.
I love this game, but one of my groups only like euros and in my other group only 3 out of 5 likes the game very much, so our campaign never got going.
So I'm quite starved for IA and would be super excited to join and would be interested in any campaign.

I began a RAIV using Vassal (did't like it, not enough challenge) so I'm fairly familiar with the mod myself if you need any help with that.

I don't know, I feel like you didn't tilt your monitor enough mate, is that dadication?
Just kidding, I usually have plenty of free time so I hope I can be as present as I can if this campaign starts.
Let's hope and see if there are others interested in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Voss
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mb
Hey FeyrBert, good luck with your campaign! Always good to see new Imperials here. Please use the Waiting List for players though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lathuvan wrote:
Hey FeyrBert, good luck with your campaign! Always good to see new Imperials here. Please use the Waiting List for players though.

Thank you!
I wanted to see if there was someone interested as it is my first one and I dind't wanna bother anyone.
I just sent messages to the first three people in the waiting list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reepicheep Catsbane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to join if you have trouble getting enough people from the waiting list. Otherwise, I'll just wait my turn, lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Commander Spicyweener reporting in.

I only have the basegame and the Twin Shadows expansion. I hope this is ok... :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlosSpicyweener wrote:
Commander Spicyweener reporting in.

I only have the basegame and the Twin Shadows expansion. I hope this is ok... :/

Sure it is
Don't worry, I am thrilled about starting a core campaign as much as a Hoth one, or even a mini Twin Shadows too if we can't find 4 guys that want to commit for so much time.

Right now with the volunteers and you we need one more heroic soul to start something. I'll wait 'till this evening for the other guys I messaged to to answer me and then I'll send some more from the list.

As I don't want anybody to get pissed at how the players are to be elected to play, I think I should give those on the waiting list the edge over the volunteers, if they answer at a reasonable time of course.

@nikokcg are you European too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy N
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have trouble in getting responses from the waiting list, I would also be more than happy to play (I am on the waiting list but about mid-way down). I play mostly during American timezones (evenings).

Either way, I hope you have a great campaign! It's always great to see more PBF games starting up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
machfalcon wrote:
If you have trouble in getting responses from the waiting list, I would also be more than happy to play (I am on the waiting list but about mid-way down). I play mostly during American timezones (evenings).

Hey mech!
Time zone for me is not a problem, as long as it doesn't bother the other players and eventually hinders the pace of the games. We can see how this preparation end up being.

Hey guys, first day passed since I sent out the three invitations, one guy answered positively (CarlosSpicyweener), one negatively and one didn't at all.

We have 4 volunteers, wich would be enough to start, three of us are European, one American and one that didn't answer (not a great way to show committment right at the start )

Would you please confirm after this post if you wanna start?
I'll send other two messages to the 4th and the 5th in the waiting list as to be sure to not let anybody down since, as everybody know, the waiting list exists for a reason!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Mannheim
Deutschland
flag msg tools
You messaged me, I am in! Have Base Set, Twin Shadows and Hoth and all corresponding waves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Weberup
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FeyrBert wrote:
Would you please confirm after this post if you wanna start?

Confirmed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Mannheim
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Confirmed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brahm
Germany
Wuppertal
flag msg tools
I am in!
Would love to play Jyn Odan if possible :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again everyone! Both the people I messaged yesterday answered me positively, so we have now three people from the waiting list and Webbe wich answered this post originally, like, 10 minutes after I posted it and I'd feel a bad person counting him out

nikokcg and machfalcon, if this one goes well I'll be all up for more campaigns so don't worry! I'll get to you devil

I'll start preparing the campaign thread when we've finished with the preparations!
We can use this one to decide wich campaign do you wanna play, the characters you wanna use and the side missions!

For what I understood so far the choices for the campaign are:
- Core
- Twin Shadows
As some of you don't have the return to hoth box.

For the side missions you can refer to my first post for what I have available.
For the characters basically every hero you own in the boxes at your house! I don't know what's the usual here on the forum, I mean if Incredibul has Hoth but our favorite spicyweener doesn't, can he play one of the Hoth heroes in the core campaign?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brahm
Germany
Wuppertal
flag msg tools
I have the base game & twin shadows and hoth & bespin preordered.

I can be quite active most of the time

Do I still need to confirm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
Wich campaign?
Core
Twin Shadows mini-campaign
Return to Hoth
      4 answers
Poll created by FeyrBert

Poll
Side missions
R2-D2 & C-3PO
Chewbacca
Rebel saboteurs
Han Solo (the core box mission. Hunted in English?)
Han Solo (Sorry for the mess mission)
Luke Skywalker (Rebel hero)
Echo base soldier
      4 answers
Poll created by FeyrBert

Sorry I don't have that many ally packs blush
The first poll is single answer
The second one is multiple answers, the 4 with the most votes are the ones in (if we're gonna do the Hoth campaign I'll pick only 2 of those of course)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Weberup
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FeyrBert wrote:
and Webbe wich answered this post originally, like, 10 minutes after I posted it and I'd feel a bad person counting him out

Thanks for that! kiss

If you play the game normally at the table you collectively only need to own 1 copy of each game component/expansion to play, so I don't see the reason for everyone to own everything we use. So if we want to play Return to Hoth I think it's perfectly viable even if some people do not own it, as long as the Imperial player does (which he does).

Personally I haven't even played the base set campaign to finish though so I would be perfectly fine with playing it.

For characters I'm very flexible and but mostly looking at Fenn/Diala/Gideon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed!

I'm also ok with the "timezone-conflict"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Webbe wrote:
If you play the game normally at the table you collectively only need to own 1 copy of each game component/expansion to play, so I don't see the reason for everyone to own everything we use. So if we want to play Return to Hoth I think it's perfectly viable even if some people do not own it, as long as the Imperial player does (which he does).

Problem is at the table I can just give the hero cards to him, by some fair rules to FFG, i shouldn't be able to just scan and send him all the hero deck cards if he wants to play with Verena.
But for the campaign maybe you're right, I'll read again the wiki for the PBF rules and in case do another poll adding the RTH campaign
And it seems like you are if I'll write everything that happens on a mission during the campaign, but I won't let him have the RTH heroes to choose from, if that sounds fair to you guys I'll add the Hoth campaign too to the poll!

CarlosSpicyweener wrote:
Confirmed!

I'm also ok with the "timezone-conflict"

As the things are now we're all Europeans, 3 Germans and the mighty Swedish
And I'm Italian, so no time zones extravaganza this time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Weberup
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All character cards are available online at http://cards.boardwars.eu/ (also in the Vassal mod) and only the Imperial player need the side quest specific for the character so it shouldn't be a problem.

You can also look into the initial posts of the other PBFs for useful links and other stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Webbe wrote:
All character cards are available online at http://cards.boardwars.eu/ (also in the Vassal mod) and only the Imperial player need the side quest specific for the character so it shouldn't be a problem.

You can also look into the initial posts of the other PBFs for useful links and other stuff.

Yes you can find them on the internet but since I wanna support this game, because I really love it, and make more copies go out of the stores I'm more keen to put some barriers to what a person can do without owning the box himself

Thanks for the tips! I was totally gonna pillage Pasi's first campaign messages and such
Am already taking images, links, bookmars etcetera and I'll put them for you guys to see in the campaign thread when we'll start.
Since we have the players already I think I can at least start putting it down and edit it later when you're set up and ready
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Schneider
Germany
Fürth
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Webbe wrote:
All character cards are available online at http://cards.boardwars.eu/

Perfect.
I'm totally fine with checking the cards on the site.
So RTH, here I come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Furcas
Italy
Serramanna
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CarlosSpicyweener wrote:
Webbe wrote:
All character cards are available online at http://cards.boardwars.eu/

Perfect.
I'm totally fine with checking the cards on the site.
So RTH, here I come.

Hold your horses brah! laugh
As I said I'm ok with the campaign but not with the heroes. Of course if the general consensus is that you can play whatever you want I'll let it through, I'm a generous captain arrrh
I'll change the poll including the RTH campaign, vote again please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy N
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FeyrBert wrote:

nikokcg and machfalcon, if this one goes well I'll be all up for more campaigns so don't worry! I'll get to you devil

No problem, have a great campaign!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.