Popular Tags: [View All]
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GREAT WRITEUP !!

Wow, you won a melee at -4 fp for the win !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gunderian007 wrote:
-a small, critical bridge in Holland

The critical moment came when the Pioneer approached alone to offer melee. His second in command came off the mountain to accept with his loyal bodyguard. The enemy HMG got involved, breaking our shining Pioneer, who Suppressed rather than rally. The cowardly Brits then Advanced at 7:3 odds--- and lost! This German bravery and trickery will be long remembered.

Crono Campaign Count is now 9/2 P/D and 6/5 Ax/Al

I agree that this was the critical moment of the scenario. It is when the Allied personal morale was squashed. However, in game time, it happened about halfway through. This could be slightly influenced by the fact that before this event, we were emailing. Afterwards we were live. We both have bought every (me) or almost every (Paul) module and magazine related to CC ... and here we are playing it out on Vassal in the same room!!! LOL

The British led in VPs almost the entire way....but the onslaught of German Moves/Advances was countered with Recovers and out of position Fire Orders. I argue that the HMG should be placed forward or on the 2nd level hill. I tried to get too cute putting him on the Level 1 hill. All that did was guarantee the the Germans could easily and quickly gain the bridge. With extraneous units soaking my fire cards.

By the time I realized this, I was in no position to come forward, as his 2 leader was there making me scared. Paul drew the cards that he needed when he needed them....but he also spent a lot of time setting up good hands before he acted. So The good hands were not lucky, they were designed. It is bad enough to face a lucky opponent, it is worse to face a thoughtful one.

PS the Chrono is actually 8-6 Axis/Allies .... Somehow I have neglected to count how many I have lost. .... haeh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.